Protos Demo TreeHouse/TreeStuff Circulator

In all seriousness I'm pert near done with it. I'm gonna film the review vid. It's got a lot of neat features I think people need to see.

I'll send it out maybe just after the weekend. MAYBE.

love
nick

...now where'd I put that passport....

You're a good man Nick. :thumbup:;)
And remember, not to me, whoever is next. :D

So where is this helmet? I want my turn!

Just so no one thinks I'm holding on to it:P, I removed myself from the list 'cause
Bud was good enough(went out of his way, THANK YOU!)to send me his Protos helmet to "try out".
A bit of time has gone by(I actually have been very busy)but I did want to give at least a small review.

The Protos is a great helmet from what I could see/feel. Just about any adjustment you want/need to make
it fit right. I had to open the "headband" adjustment all the way to get a comfortable fit, I've got a fat head.
I love the integrated ear muffs. The weight didn't seem much different to me. I have the Petzl vertex with clear
visor and "slim" peltor muffs. I also have my Contour Roam mounted on it it most of the time so the weight between
the two was almost identical. Oh, and Bud's helmet had the Senna unit on it which added weight, but as I said they
were both almost the same. I didn't dare try out the Senna unit, it made me nervous and didn't want to do anything
that might "mess it up". :\:
The "overall size" seemed about the same as my Vertex. The ideal for me would be to "live/work in" the helmet for a
month to know if I REALLY would want to get one.
A great helmet, I can't afford one(right now), but I think it's a good "investment". :thumbup::)

No Butch, I posted a message to Nick(back on 3-13)to send it to "whoever" was after me.
Bud went out of his way and sent me his Protos to try.....THANKS AGAIN BUD!!! :thumbup::D

No problem Randy! I hope to be up your way soon. Maybe we can work a tree together. I'll bring all three helmets.

No problem Randy! I hope to be up your way soon. Maybe we can work a tree together. I'll bring all three helmets.

Bud that would be great, if it's possible. :thumbright:
Do you have an idea of when.....?

I've learned everything I know "on my own", and with HUGE help from you guys at the 'House.
To be able to "work" with an experienced climber is something I've wanted to do for a LONG time.
There's only so much I can glean from videos. I know there's a lot I'm missing.
Thanks again Bud! :thumbup::D

I had the pleasure of working with Carl, Lumberjack, in a cemetery years ago (Andersonville, GA, site of the infamous Civil War POW camp). I really enjoyed that day and being in the tree with a fellow Houser...good times.

Where was I? just got wrapped up in running the biz. We're pushing for growth and it's requiring a lot more involvement on my behalf. The biggest difference is last year we were only working 2-4 days a week. If we didn't have work, the crew would work for someone else or have the day off. We made the decision to retain full time crew, so now I gotta hustle more to keep that calendar filled.

The biggest thing is that I just kinda fell out of the habit of coming here. That's all.

Protos is awesome. I'm gonna reshoot the review vid. I'll post it up.

I can honestly say that the only reason I won't switch from my Kask to the protos is that I paid fat dollars to have my logo painted on the front of my Kask!

The "little bit" that I wore the Protos I liked it.
It took some "tweaking" with all the adjustments that are on it to get the fit
right, but once I did it seemed very comfortable. On a side note, I have big
head and I had to go almost to very end of the "headband" adjustment to get
a good fit, but it did fit. I would have to "work" with it to really know.
My initial impression is it's a good helmet, just very expensive. ;)

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of me wearing it. :(

IMG_9975 - Copy.jpg

IMG_9979 - Copy.jpg

No problem Randy! I love it. Easy to adjust and very comfortable. The front head band needs some attention now and then, but the ear muff design surpasses Kask by along shot. It was very easy to add my Sena system to also.

Back