Protos Demo TreeHouse/TreeStuff Circulator

it seem quite large. it is almost a full inch wider than my petzl, and it feels heavy, though im used to a helmet without muffs or visor. i love the design of the ear muffs, and i like the visor. with the muffs on and the visor down all the twigs rubbing the mesh sounds like a cat attacking a screen door! overall i really like all the design elements, but it is just too big and heavy. do they make a size smaller for us with small heads? im going to pass it around at work the rest of this week and send it out beginning of next week. Nick is next on the list correct?

I also felt that it was too big and heavy. However, I have a pretty small head. The Kask is the only helmet I've tried that fits me properly.

Randy, it'll be worth the wait. :)

Jamie, did you make any adjustments to the inside stuff? You can shrink the piece by the brow and possibly some other spots. I should have shrunk it down to normal human head size before I sent it. I could easily be considered a human bobble head. :)

I didn't weigh it vs my petzl or kask, but both those have muffs on top that made them slide around a bit unless the chinstrap was tight. Not having the extra bulk on top was a plus for me.

FYI when I get the sample protos, I'm going AWOL!!!!

love
nick

Nick,
now you're just being mean, I(hope)get it after you. ;)

it seem quite large. it is almost a full inch wider than my petzl, and it feels heavy, though im used to a helmet without muffs or visor. i love the design of the ear muffs, and i like the visor. with the muffs on and the visor down all the twigs rubbing the mesh sounds like a cat attacking a screen door! overall i really like all the design elements, but it is just too big and heavy. do they make a size smaller for us with small heads? im going to pass it around at work the rest of this week and send it out beginning of next week. Nick is next on the list correct?

Yeah, that good.

Jamie, did you make any adjustments to the inside stuff? You can shrink the piece by the brow and possibly some other spots. I should have shrunk it down to normal human head size before I sent it. I could easily be considered a human bobble head. :)

I didn't weigh it vs my petzl or kask, but both those have muffs on top that made them slide around a bit unless the chinstrap was tight. Not having the extra bulk on top was a plus for me.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out. I also have a "rather large" head. :P

i did adjust the head band. took a minute to figure out how. i think it will be awesome for those with normal/big heads. i have a pretty small one. Leon, i may just have to try the kask, my petzl is dialed down as far as it goes and it just fits. as for the weight, i think i would wear the protos over my petzl vertex with muffs.

the Protos shipped out to Nick yesterday. i have his address in case he dissapears:/:

Thanks Jaime,
even if he disappears I think he'll miss us all so much he'll come back anyway..... :P

Really lookin' forward to taking that helmet for a climb. :thumbup::D

I don't know what you're talking about

love
nick

Nick,
in all seriousness, Bud is going to send me his Proto helmet to try so don't
send the one you get to me, send it to whoever is next.
That is if you're still around..... ;)

Thanks.....
.....Randy

In all seriousness I'm pert near done with it. I'm gonna film the review vid. It's got a lot of neat features I think people need to see.

I'll send it out maybe just after the weekend. MAYBE.

love
nick

...now where'd I put that passport....

Back