Protos Demo TreeHouse/TreeStuff Circulator

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Who wants to try the Protos?

Use the link to signup.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13Z6eaNl2oDUlmtiZPLJlfFD5jEdxdOAaSf6tjwGhaJI/viewform

We will ship it out today! The only responsibility of the reviewer is to leave some feedback/pics here, and ship it to the next person. We wouldn't hate review on the site either!

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=5688

ONLY SUBMISSIONS THROUGH THE WEBFORM WILL GET YOU INTO LINE. POSTING ALONE DOES NOT RESERVE A SPOT.

This will make it much easier, but still post to let people know you signed up.

This is only open to TreeHouse Members.

Orange/Gray. We were talking about this helmet while working the other day. I am not a big fan of the loud color scheme but I am really interested in the features that distinguish it from other helmets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gary, you are after Husabud. I can't imagine that Bud wouldn't ship it to Canada, he's a good guy and up in New England so it shouldn't be a hassle. If its prohibitively expensive he can ship it back to me in Indy and I will ship it to Canada.

signed up! the color is unimportant. great idea Nick, sending stuff like this around. i know for sure i have not even considered buying the protos, but actually being able to demo it might just change my mind.

How's the fit/bulk? I have a kask and seems to be pretty low profile vs a helmet. The protos seems like it may be a bit bulkier or maybe it's just the side protection that's giving that appearance?

Protos came today, thanks Nick. Feels light right out the box. Doesn't seem bulkier than the Kask. We will put it to the test this coming week, will probably go through Sena withdrawals.

Fred, just hook up your Senas and send it my way when you're done.:lol:
Seriously though, does it look like they would work? I will not buy another helmet that is not Sena compatible. Safety is first and Paul's Sena/Kask combo is brilliant.

That is a great questions Bud, because I wouldn't use a helmet that isn't Sena compatible either. We mounted the bluetooth on the back of our Kask helmets and it doesn't look like that is an option for the Protos. I won't know for sure until I actually try to put the Sena on the protos. I think Nick mentioned he was going to try too.

Well, I went and did it, I put my name on the list. :)
Honestly I was very hesitant because of the price, thinking "no way can I afford one of those".....
but with Nick and TreeStuff being so extremely generous loaning out top of the line gear to try, why not.
I'd be more than happy to put on one those "fancy shmancy" helmets just to see what all the fuss is about. :P
No seriously, if they really are safer and more comfortable, trying one on and putting it through a day or two
of "work" would go a long way toward influencing my decision on a "possible future purchase". ;)

Thank you again Nick and TreeStuff!

Randy

Back