Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I have a guitar too. I think I could transition okay. Im not much of a bass player, and even less of a guitar player, but it still looks like fun!

I have never in my life played a fretless Butch. One of my bass heros ,Rick Danko played fretless. Always wanted to try one.

Let us know what you think!

My last bass amp head came from SweetWater. An Ampeg STV 6 PRO. Good company.

Cool! I thought you'd have to bring it in and have it set up.

I'd probably go look for an old P-Bass rather than get a new squire...each to his own.

Sweetwater popped up in a few of my searches lately. Been researching mics for my Martin. Settled on trying a EV 200 my buddy is selling me for 150. They are ~$345 new.

Always been a Fender guy, mostly Jazz bass.

I like old stuff, but its hell to find around here.
They quit making the P bass I have, now they quit making the J bass I wanted too.

American Deluxe 5 string jazz, olympic white, tortosie, maple fret board.

Waited too long, now nothing.

Believe me, I never in my life ever thought I would buy a Squier... what's next? Rogue? lol.

Gawd I can't stop looking at my baby!

Attachments

• Ibanez.jpg
    Ibanez.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 17
I have picked up squires that played nicer than the Fenders. Nothing wrong with them.

There is a guitar snob in the band, he screams PAUL REED SMITH!

Then you hand him a Strat, he calls it garbage, then he buys one!

Now I can play "Better Call Saul's" theme song!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lJEQntqoU00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, we fired the bass an keyboard players from the band...They need too much work to get up to performance level playing, and not the right attitude to get along well. So lets just say they can't play well with others:lol:

Trying out another bassist on Sunday.

exactly...I figure it would take at least a year to get those guys caught up enough to where I would walk on a stage with them.

They look less fiddly to use than normal headless bass tuners. I wonder if the extra string length contributes to tone, even though the scale length is the same?

Love this guy's intro!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k4ixAfJ1LuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not bad.

Working some new tunes & a couple new matching cases.8)

Attachments

• w 010.jpg
    w 010.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 17
  • w 014.jpg
    w 014.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 14
I love my wool socks...wear them year-round.

I needed something for both instruments that was waterproof and held them closer so they bounce around less in the case. I have this coming yet for the guitar also.:D

yessir, 1974 (or 5?) D28.

It's had a neck re-set, bridge re-cut, new compensated saddle made, and bridge plate shaved. Only thing left to hot rod it more would be to scallop the braces.

Pretty trusty old war-horse;)

Attachments

• PB060042.jpg
    PB060042.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 13
  • PB060040.jpg
    PB060040.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 13
  • PB060043.jpg
    PB060043.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 13
  • PB060041.jpg
    PB060041.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 13
Wow that new fiddle case is way nicer than what you had. I think that's the first I've seen your guitar though. Definitely been around the block, but well taken care of from the looks of it

That sucks Butch! I hate thieves.

She sounds pretty decent with the right strings on her. Got a crappy set of John Pierce phosphor Bronze on right now. I think they were dead when they left the package...

Yeah Nic, it didn't get out of the case much until i got in this new band.:|: It wasn't played a whole lot by the original owner, so it's in pretty good shape.

Even though you tear it up on the bass, I think the fiddle is my favorite. Is Otis still going after the bow when your playing?

Back