Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

The other is pointed down. Works due the way Bass frequencies carry in an omnidirectional pattern...actually gives a more balanced sound through a room instead of being louder at a certain spot with strictly front loaded cabinets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats cool.

Last amp i bought was an Ampeg svt 6 pro. Dont make them anymore. 1200 watts with a tube pre amp. First week I had the darn thing my wife ran it over with the vacuum cleaner and broke a knob off.:cry:

Actually the last combo amp I bought was a Fender Rumble 300. It quit me in the middle of a set. As I was kinda drunk, it was a non revenue gig after all. I threw it off the stage and it flew apart. Still sounded like shit.

So the idea with this amp is to just make your bass louder? Just true instrument sound?

Do you run a pickup or do you use a mic Dave?

I use a mic made for horns (clip on like you'd see on a sax). It works really well on my stand-up.

this amp is made to give a realistic reproduction of an acoustic bass, but has an EQ, Bass roll-off, limiter, effects loop, and reverb to give more control over the sound...also has two channels and a tweeter, so could plug a guitar into it as well if wanted.

On smaller gigs it would be used for volume... in a larger venue it doubles as a signal processor/pre-amp and a stage monitor. Many monitor systems in the bigger shows don't work well running the Bass through them, and the amp gives the band more control of how much bass they want to hear without it sucking all the power from the vocal monitors.

It also cuts down on feedback. The large surface of the Bass reflects a lot of the floor monitors back into the vocal mics. the amp, behind the Band, fixes this.

Played Bass on a gig on Friday. Had fun, and got to try out my amp I bought several months ago.
Auditioned for another band on Sat...Old rockers wanting to go country. I brought the Bass and the fiddle and played both. Not sure I'm interested as the first band might have more going on and we are in negotiations right now also.
I promised I'd make a decision some time this coming week.
Neither one is my real goal for a band but I need to get out and play somewhere again with someone.
Spent today recording tracks to send in to my fiddle instructor. Cut 4 songs so that should do me for a month on recording if I turn in one/week.

Things go back and forth, like any other business. Sometimes it comes down to what you will settle for.

One band wants me to switch between bass and fiddle...ummm I think not. After playing stand-up for a couple hours I can't even feel a fiddle in my hands. Besides I'm not into dragging more than one instrument around to play...bringing an amp is really more than I care for.

Exactly...easy for someone to walk off with when setting up & tearing down all the other stuff.

It's also hard to switch between the two as well. Playing Stand-up is akin to running a chainsaw for the amount of work your hands are doing...it screws up the fine touch it takes to get the notes & tone right on a violin.

4hr practice today w/band. Went ok...we'v got about 10 songs down couple more practices and we'll have another 10.

Had a good talk with our fearless leader today and told him he should hire a bass player because of the direction he wants to go with the music. He wants to do a lot of acoustic, country, and swing. He will need me on fiddle if he's gonna pull it off I think. :/: They will also be leaning on me for a fair amount ot vocals, which are easier to pull off without playing Bass.

I'd much rather play fiddle anyway (why I called on his add in the first place).

Guitar...quite well. have a steel player and female singer also. We can nail some pretty decent 3 part harmonies. :D

Hey Jim, check out this Warwick!

Attachments

• 10422309_1020432718041425_3496407262857207450_n.jpg
    10422309_1020432718041425_3496407262857207450_n.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 19
Jim! You're in! Can you make it to practice twice a week?:lol:

Purty Bass, but too many strings.

Back