Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Here ya go Jim8)

Bass Band

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I57Gi_gg8xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice! I'd like to go back to 15's. I like the warm sound.

just got finished dinking around recording for about 6 hours. More time downloading and figuring out the new software than actual recording.

Tired and ran out of patience so it's not that great,but here's somethin for ya ta pick on me about:lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GIU1DKWISBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just threw in some old pics...too whupped to try to figure out syncing a video.

Thanks. I probably should have waited on the last few tracks 'til I got some rest...quite a few out of tune notes on the fiddle, but I was on a mission with my new toy.

Thanks. Just dinking around. I downloaded Audacity to see if I could get more realistic tones out of my instruments. I'm closer, but need to figure out some things yet. My fiddle comes through way shriller than what it really sounds. Lower tones seem to have improved quite a bit through the new software.

I haven't mess with any compression, limiting, EQ, & such yet. Winter is going to fly by...8)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would believe that.

Seems like a fiddle in person and a fiddle on a recording are two different animals.

Pretty fancy fiddle work, but you know sometimes less is more. Just cause a person has a big one doesn't mean they have to use all of it.......:P;)

:lol: I was playing lots of backup and had it turned louder than it would be normally.

I play alone so much, and am constantly figuring out new breaks, that I never get to play backup, so I was overdoing it seeing where osme licks I've learned might or might not fit....found quite a few "might nots":|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do the same thing on bass.

Hard to listen to Jack Bruce all day and then play whole or half notes all night at the bar.

Sometimes I twist off and go on an excursion.......but it would take the whole band to whip me.

I always combined compression and a limiter on my Bass back when I played all the time. Boss had both in a great little 1/2 rack unit. Then they split it into two pedals and neither works as well as that unit did for some reason.

Have never really used mich effects on other instruments so lots of experimenting in my near future.

It's so funny to me Dave. Because all my life my dad and my uncle(who did the treework with me) have played live music. Lots of gigging at local venues. And one of their and my good friends is Dave, or fiddler, or fiddler Dave as he's most commonly known.

It's always made it easy for me to remember your name. Lol.

I've always loved live music. Real music. Bring a tear to your eye.

haha, cool story Justin. Yeah, my favorite thing to do is sit around outside and just jam with friends.

Most of us live at least a couple hours from each other though so it's tough to get together.

Picked up a little concert gig. Should be some fun with old friends & ex bandmates. No rehersal, no song list, jsut walk up and hang on ofr dear life...not my favorite way to do a show, but hopefully I'll hide most of my mistakes. It's in an old church...Stage is the pulpit and audience sits in the old pews.

http://www.zelliesopryhouse.com/schedule-of-events.html

ha, with these guys it's always a possibility. I don't drink much any more though. Last beer I had was in June. Before that in June the previous year

Sitting in on Bass at a gig tonight. Guitar players' birthday...probably be a clusterpluck, but what the hell...

Back