Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

<----- Currently seeing how it feels to masturbate on one of his guitars.

......meh

I play guitar, by myself, pretty anti-social so I've no desire to play with others. Mainly play prog rock, classic rock.

Don't get me wrong...I was referring to "listening to others" in my post.

I play alone every day...like I said, I hear enough single instrument lead from myself.

If i'm going to listen to someone play a break to a song, or a melody to a tune, I'd prefer to hear what it is responding to rather than hear a bunch of scales and bends, but not gain the real emotion of it because there is no background as a base.

:thumbup: just a manner of speaking. I don't mind things that have structure...I like nice, safe, structure....:lol:

I'll throw this out here. I don't play anything. I played clarinet in the 7-8th grade and hated every minute. I didn't enjoy learning back then, I only wanted the result. Now I don't want the result near as much as I want the journey.

I've learned a 2nd language, learned how to fly, wrapped my head around a lot of mind bending chemistry applications - all in my adult life.

Zero on music. I want to play a drum set. How does one get into that?

Craigslist some kit and get busy with youtube or what????

treetx, that would work...an instructor can help speed up the process, or slow it down depending on who it is; usually takes some looking to find the right one for you.

as a side note; drums are percussion...not musical instruments...they play no music.

I played bass for many years

Not sure what year this was but we were playing at the fair grounds...mabey 05 ?

175.jpg

Jim, nope. haven't in about 6 years or so, got burnt out...mabey someday though....

I used a mesa boogie "buster bass" 200w all tube head with a 6x10 cabinet mesa cab

Wish i didnt but sold that set-up years ago...got more $ than I payed brand new for that rig...the guy that bought it drove like 2 hours to come get it and didnt even try to get the price down, he was looking for a long time for the buster bass head.

It was in top shape with the factory manual and slip cover and a spare set of tubes...

AHHH!!!! Don't hurt me, I forgot to keep up with the thread.

I've got
-Ibanez as73B semi-hollow
-epiphone les paul
-fender telecaster "mexican"
-Ibanez accoustic
-cheapy crate practice amp
-marshall cheapy mg hd100 solid state half stack
-blackstar venue ht100 tube amp "my love"
-egnater 412 cab
-mxr 10-band eq
-mxr smart gate
-ernie ball volume swell
-dunlop 535q wah
-couple other random assorted pedals to play with
-got some recording gear as well as I was working with a friends band, but they broke up

Dream guitar: Gibson es-335 chris cornell edition

Kind of a crappy piece of gear for the price I payed, impulse buy when I was much younger. Much better gear out there for cheaper than I payed for it. My blackstar and egnater combo, that is amazing, and not much more expensive that the marshall. Picked up the cab used for 400, and the head I got cheap from a local shop that was consolidating from two stores down to one. So the owner was trying to free up as much space as he could and I bought it brand new for 650.

I've had all my shit stolen, twice. Goddamn thieves...

I am currently rebuilding, but I think I'm safe from those bastardos.

We need to start a TreeHouse Band! I bet we could go on tour!

Wow, I'm not sure how I'd react to something like that happening. I get really attached to things, would be tough to maintain my sanity.

Who needs sanity?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xVPvzX-AeSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back