Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Well, other than eating out a few times I wouldn't have I broke even on the gig.

Had a great time picking. Crowd was great (they must be really starved for entertainment up there:lol:). The little place was backed to the limit both nights. Once they came in no one left until we shut down at 2am.

Long drive though...Otis and I are both glad to be home. He was great int he truck all the way up and back, and did very well in the camper alone too.

I forgot his chew toys, so knowing he is all terrier, I grabbed a wash cloth and tied a knot in it...that was the only thing he chewed on all weekend...I'm very proud of him, but i'm minus a washcloth now.

I wonder why they don't wanna pay a decent wage? Didn't the house make any money?

As long as you passed a good time...

Tiny place Butch. $400/night + place to stay and food for a 4 peice band is pushing it. Fairly rare to get $100/night per man in a bar down here where i live.

I could'e taken advantage of it if I'd had time to get a sitter for the dog...as it was I had to haul the camper up, so it increased my fuel bill considerably. It was worth it though...enjoyed the heck out of playing and spent some real quality time with the pup. :)

It's high here unless your playing a festival, municipal gig, or something else special (or have a 2-3 piece unit).

Well, the "country" band is on hold for now and we are just jamming for fun as we get time (still no Bass player) and building a song base.

Have a Bass gig Friday with a new group: put together with members of two different local groups. Haven't met a couple of them before...should be an interesting show.

Then heading out either that night or Sat morning to set up the camper at the festival grounds where I will be working through the next 10 days off and on.

Man how did I ever have time for a full time job and running a company? I haven't even had my clubs out yet and I work at a golf course:|:

I just googled that song...good one for sure. The lyrics are awesome.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lAD6Obi7Cag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3uzC5KC_260" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I played one of these in 8th grade band.

I wonder how much he paid for that particular bass?

Holy shit!

A bud of mine took a chance and ordered a jazz box and he was amazed at the craftmanship and playability!

Check out this crazy Chinese site!

I've got my eyes on this beauty!

HTB1Qvf6HVXXXXaTXXXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zaihc_Utwng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got home finally. Got roped into playing a set for a benefit tonight.
Dude has pretty bad cancer, I think they raised 28000 bucks for him. Pretty swell.

Was not intending to play, but as the only bass player around, they would not let me enjoy my evening with my bride on the night of our anniversary. Oh, well. It was for a good cause.

Played a CRAP squirer 4 string through a 30 watt guitar amp. Not a good sound. No one had a tuner.

Was kinda fun though. There is a big musical family that played a bunch of songs. Little kids playing guitars, fiddles and singing. They liked the bass, might not have played with ine before.

Not a bad night I guess.

I play guitar. I used to play in a band when I was a teenager and early twenties. Mostly hard rock and hair metal stuff. Now lately I've been playing irish jigs and reels and bluegrass. Flat picking songs and diddily diddily dee music. I bought a fiddle two weeks ago. Been scaring everyone in the house with it!

Back