Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Hey Jim!

I found your new bass!

P1030516-1600x679.jpg

https://www.bassbuddha.com/product/sandberg-tobacco-sunburst-forty-eight/

My modest set up. I guess it's a bit bigger than 8x8 but I have to sit at a right angle to fit my amp. There's usually a recumbent bike where the cajon is.

20180117_191831_resized.jpg

12" and 14". My first kit had a 12" mounted on the kick and a stand with a 14" and a 16". The floor tom was a 16" as well which made it tricky to tune. I was 13 and it sounded like crap but I played the piss out of them.

I'm heading out for a vocal practice today with two of the band guys. I think we picked up three festival jobs in OH this Summer (just negotiating prices).

been getting together with a couple other musicians, closer to home, just to jam & work on things lately also.

Might be a little busier this year than the last few...I hope...

Been years since I've enjoyed singing like we did this afternoon. :D

Well worth the 2 hour drive...

I didn't know this shit was even possible

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6x5TECJKrK0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:O

I've never heard of him but have seen a lot of those tricks watching hours of old jazz drummers (Buddy Rich etc.) Don't get me wrong though, he's frigging awesome. To be so good at an instrument that you don't even need to be in a successful band to propel you to fame is a feat in itself. Check out Drummerworld.com. Tons of videos of all the top guys of every genre over the decades plus a forum which is a heck of a resource for everything from gear to technique.

Hey Ryan, do you have any riveted cymbals? I don't see them anywhere, like they aren't in style or something.

I installed 20 rivets on an inexpensive 18" Zildjian crash and it sounds WAY better now!

Interesting how they don't sell them like that anymore.

I don't have any and don't see them for sale either. Got a pic of yours? Sounds like a neat DIY project.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back