Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

So basically you drill holes, install the rivet, mushroom the male end and voila. Might try it with a bargain bin crash for my first one.
Had one of those sizzler chains when I was a kid but who wants a crash that never stops ringing.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

The rivets cause a quick decay - I think I slapped in too many, but that's an easy fix with the rivets I bought.

They just flare out (using a standard screwdriver) and can easily be squished back together and pulled out. The hole won't affect the sound.

I'm seeing that some drummers use only 2 or 4.

Hey Ryan, check it out - in an experiment to see what an 18" high-hat would sound like I slapped the two crash cymbals on the high-hat and guess what! They sound great! And get this - because the bottom crash was 20" I can play it or the top 18 individually! Or, hit them both (open) at the same time! That's 3 functions on one stand! Crazy! And it looks even crazier!

You outta give it a shot, just for shits and giggles - I'm sure you have the cymbals to play around with.

The drummers I've worked with who used one used it as a "third" type cymbal...crash, ride, and sizzle.

Supposedly there are a lot of variables to the effect you get...hole number & placement, type metal and weight of rivets, etc.

It's awesome that you're getting "into" it Butch. Drumming will go as far as your imagination takes it.

Start watching at 2:30 or right from the start if you understand French. Guy Nadon may or may not be a little crazy but he has some neat ideas. Watch for the rivets.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TIJAXORP5HQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clarinet player wasn't too shabby, either.
I've developed an appreciation for wind instruments after years of watching jazz drummer videos. It used to be heavy metal or nothing.

Sweetwater interest-free credit, baybee!!!

I haven't paid one red cent yet, but I plan on paying it off ASAP.

You should apply, Ryan - just for the halibut!

Ryan, have you seen this? Surprisingly good!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7d_jQycdQGo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey Ryan, check it out - I'm Neal Pert!!! :rockon:

The second pic is that crazy hihat arrangement I was telling you about earlier.

Attachments

• Neal Pert set-up.jpg
    Neal Pert set-up.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Neal Pert Cymbal.jpg
    Neal Pert Cymbal.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 11
I like it. The rivets look professional but as you said maybe too many.

You realize those are my ride and crash cymbals Frankensteined together: I was just frigging around and I've put the original 14's back on.

Did you see my PM? Asking why your kick was backwards?

Back