Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

I think I'm getting another fiddle. Worked a deal with a player in NC.

I'm moving some money around and should have the deal done in a couple days when everything releases at the bank.

Nah Butch...this guy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2V-YjNPWRsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol: JIm, I can't even spell that...I'm not on that level...more like a campfire entertainer (after consumption of large quantities of alcohol by the audience, of course).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4xpE8KG38s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8) New fiddle is on it's way from N.Carolina. Shipped today and should be here on Tuesday. Can hardly wait to hear how it compares to the one I have now.

Eye candy::D

Attachments

• fiddlef.jpg
    fiddlef.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 14
  • fiddleb.jpg
    fiddleb.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 14
  • fiddlehead.jpg
    fiddlehead.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 14
  • fiddlen.jpg
    fiddlen.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 14
If set correctly; very well, if you mean the friction pegs on the headstock (there are fine-tuners on the tailpiece as well).

They (and the holes they go into) are tapered and you can make them tighter or looser to turn...the trick is to have them just tight enough so you can adjust them and have them stay without getting them too tight and have them stick. If jammed in too tightly one can split the headstock apart.

As they get worn they may get more slippery so you just add a bit of rosin from the bow and they stick in place well again for a good while.

It looks like they are just pushed in and rely on friction. I 'spect the tension isn't near the same as on a longer necked instrument.

I'm having fun with my new toys, too!

Correct on both counts.

Glad your enjoying your new investments Butch! Got one your happier with yet?

The one in the pictures won't be here until Wed...

HA! I've about satisfied the urge I hope.

Managed a good deal on a couple mics though...150 ea for two EV RE200 mics. hardly used and in great shape...so I have matching mics for my fiddle and guitar. Run them each through their own channel on my bass amp and it works great.

Nice fiddle, Dave. I posted an old Tony Rice and friends vid at "The songs I like" thread. Whoever that fiddle player is, he seems very accomplished.

Jay, yes. That is Mark O'Connor. He is a phenomenal multi-instrumentalist, being a triple threat on guitar, mandolin, and fiddle. He won National & international championships in contests on all three instruments while still a teenager.

That is a true all-star band, and at least Four of them can claim credit on influencing a change in a genre of music, or how an instrument was perceived. Each one is a hero of mine. Probably my biggest hero of them is the mandolin player Sam Bush (currently the band leader for Emmylou Harris).

well, we've fired another Bass player...:|: two weeks to get ready to play a show...we'll see how this goes...got another coming in Wed.

Back