Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Sure, glad that you found it interesting, FFZ. Shakuhachi refers to the length, one shaku and eight sun. The ancient system of measurement. There are shorter and longer standard lengths that give a different sound.

Not quite Jethro Tull, but some guys play jazz on them these days.

Koto it is called, often what you hear in Japanese restaurants. Usually a woman's instrument, but sometimes a man will play one. All those instruments came originally from ancient China, sometimes in a somewhat different form.

Pretty much have stopped playing, I find it a lonely sound. The wind blows from nothingness to nothingness, kind of thing.

What a great instrument to be able to play, Jay. It has a lovely voice that could sing any song. I play the Irish low D whistle ( just for my own pleasure as I am not a musician )and it has the same ability; can lift you up or bring you to tears.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d0dYn0lEzZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love playing my whistles but if I had a do over in life, I would have given the Uilleann pipes a shot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mwxga8udIio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love playing my whistles but if I had a do over in life, I would have given the Uilleann pipes a shot.

A good friend of mine - Dicky Deegan. His pipes & whistle playing can be mesmeric

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XG3T_Co9fSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ran across this old recording I played Bass & a touch of guitar on. thought I'd share...

Couldn't figure out how to share a sound file form my computer to the forum...:|:

:lol: Freudian slip of the keys...I meant to type tame. Didn't notice it 'til you commented..

Ha! Found our old album and thought I'd share another song.

Guitar Ed Powers, Horn arrangements and all sax parts - John Ott (Both passed on). Man I miss them both listening to this again. I'm playing Bass...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/22WI2J2DpoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thanks Jim!

Have fun at the gig!

I don't play out much anymore...might go to an annual house party this weekend to see a bunch of old musician friends, but not booked 'til at least late Spring as far as I know.

I'd love to find a decent working band to be in. I'd quit trees to play regularly in a heartbeat.

I'll throw a few more of these up as I get them made. I'm not much on the video stuff, and not too slick at the 'puter in general, but it's just to get the music on here so bear with me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iRgpud_iXoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back