Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Sorry. I don't get PM's so never think to look up there for a notification. My kick is backwards and I didn't realize it. :stoopyd: I've had that kit for 25 years and I'm sure it's always been that way. They're Ludwigs. I remember that you were just funning with your cymbals. I watched a clip of that movie during a drum solo and lost interest when I seen the actor wasn't actually "playing" it. I know it's a tall order for anything on film to be "live" but if the notes don't match in a drummer movie well..... I'm kind of stupid that way.

There's a segment on the Fallon show where Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers and Will Ferrell who looks like him have a drum off but Questlove is playing Ferrell's part while he pretends. It bugged me and I had to shut it off. Pretty snobby for a guy who can't even point his kick the right direction, eh?

Man, did you watch the preview? That show was about WAY more than beating the skins.

I've watched it twice already.

I'm sure not many will like this music but you can't deny the talent. Awesome bass player and his brother rocks those drums. My first kit when I was 13 had two remote toms like this. Still have the shells but not sure where the stand is.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7mj9FhrlEh0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He could give me lessons!

attachment.php

ha...people playing for fun should turn on the rest of the light...

Here ya go Butch:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    235 KB · Views: 19
kind of a shame, no grain showing.

what effect do the big holes in the cymol have? higher register?

Those are called "special effect" cymbals and I have no idea how they sound.

Cymbals can be expensive and complicated to understand!

Did a little reading...

From Drummer's World: "...crash cymbals with big holes in them for a shorter and quieter sound."

You remember my uncle who did the treework with me?

He's played the drums longer than I've been alive. Gigs and stuff still well into his sixties. Hauls his set around in his Cadillac. Always told me, most people only ride in a Cadillac once, I drive one everyday. Lol. Also is fond of saying, what goods a car if it can't haul a full set of drums!

Butch, I was going to say that I'm glad you are not my neighbour, but then I remembered that my neighbour lives a quarter mile away.
Guess the sound of drums don't carry that far.

Stick with this... it gets better and better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OTxlFOPYdfw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is sloppy and needs a lot more work. Its a lot for me to memorize too, but I'm getting there slowly. Been trying to learn a few tunes for me Dad, if I get to go back and see him this year. Finding the to learn practice is hard though, as you all know :)

https://youtu.be/kiMv6S7bLtA

Back