Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Passed a nice 6 hours playing fiddle today...jamming & singing on a friends porch with him and his wife. Great way to spend a beautiful afternoon.:)

Can't say much about the smaller scale bass, but the smaller scale guitars are awesome. I had a buddy that had a smaller epiphone sg from the 70s, every time i picked it up i sounded wayyyyyyy better than i am because everything is so much easier and quicker. Your bends can go further, your fingerings are just that much quicker. Another super fast neck is a scalloped one, if you ever see one (very rare). A scalloped neck is where they sand out any extra wood off the fretboard in between the frets, so you never actually push down on the wood, you just gently touch the strings, and with super tight action you are there. Yngwie Malmsteen used to play one.

Yes! That's cool, and seems a good price if it's quality. Not that I shop instruments much but seems a fair deal.

Off to Van Wert, OH tomorrow morning to hang out & jam at what is probably my last bluegrass festival of the year.

Up here....yes. Got to be warm enough to pick out in the campground;)

They are just starting up in MO, FL, etc. but I don't have that kind of distance in the budget, as I am about done getting many hours at the golf course. Time now to start hunkering down for Winter...

Back