Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Hell yeah Butch, that should be a very nice set! Zildajian brass to replace them I assume?

As I'm a guitar player...

I'm trying to educate myself on all this percussion stuff.

I'll go to the local pawn shops and bang on some cymbals to hear how they sound.

If I really get into this drumming stuff, I'll get a nice shell kit and incorporate this set into it.

That 16" kick would make a nice bass floor tom.

Have fun on your new adventure!

I've been getting back into recording over the net with some folks...cut a bass part couple of days ago, then a fiddle part last night...fun to have something specific to work on

Most of them are students on a site that has a forum I'm a moderator on...been fun helping them get into the recording thing.

I used to belong to a cool site called cyberjamming.com. The owner would submit a base jam once a month and all the members would post their submissions of their guitar playing over it. It was cool, but the owner never really developed the site and since then it's not the same.

What site are you on, brother? Harmony Central? Another?

A 16 inch bass drum? You're gonna look like a giant behind that set. The price is right though. Did you pawn your old set?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Got rid of it years ago. It was a POS and taking up room.

Yea, that 16" kick kinda bums me out, but like I said, I can always make it a floor tom.

I used to belong to a cool site called cyberjamming.com. The owner would submit a base jam once a month and all the members would post their submissions of their guitar playing over it. It was cool, but the owner never really developed the site and since then it's not the same.

What site are you on, brother? Harmony Central? Another?

Butch, I help moderate the forum at https://banjobenclark.com/forum/

WE make our own base tracks, then let guys play over them and one of the more experienced guys will do the engineering. We share tracks through dropbox and google drive, and keep track of things in a thread on the forum.

here's a link to the current collaboration

It's nothing real serious...just helping a bunch of students figure things out and help them have fun with the music.

have you run across this yet? Looks interesting...wonder how they deal with the latency issue...

:thumbup:

Me too...been around there almost since the last site started.

Yes...he's an excellent picker and teacher. I'm loving the new site...I think the new forum is pretty awesome...must cost him a bundle.

Hopefully not. It's a small set and I'm gonna muffle it as much as possible.

I may even add acoustical tile to quiet it down even more.

Junior set or not, you're still gonna be able to practice on it. Those small toms probably sound wicked.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

It's all assembled and jaysus that bass drum is tiny. However, it's a solid kit - not cheap at all except the hardware which I can upgrade when I'm ready. It's gonna be fun banging around on these things!!! I'm glad I went 5 piece... I was gonna go 4 but now I'm glad I didn't. That extra tom is NICE!

The throne is a joke but I don't need it anyway. It'll be a cymbal stand, eventually.

Back