Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Fark yea!

8dkkbkw.gif

Broke down and pulled the trigger on ordering a pickup system for my doghouse.

Hoping it pays for itself next year, and does what I need it to do...more than I should spend this time of year.

Going to be a long day Sat. 50 miles to play a two hour bluegrass concert, then another 60 miles to do 3-4 hours of swing for someplace.

Hoping my hands make it through 6 hours of playing stand-up...Been doing a couple hours a day on it this week to get ready and trying to learn the material.

I've pulled strings off a standup before but never an electric!

thanks Jim! I Hope your gig goes good as well!

Well, they sent my pick-up unit by USPS. Their tracking sucks! Wish I knew what day it would arrive, but they never say. It left Grand Rapids to the "destination" this morning, so I'm guessing it might be in tomorrows mail...if not I'll go check at the post office to see if I can pick it up there...I'd sure like to have it to try out for Saturday night.

Played with the guitar/duo guy (Robbie) a couple hours tonight. Some of the tunes are starting to come together...we get along well together and are in no hurry, just easy going and will get out and play when we feel we're ready, nothing crucial...I like that.

Questions: if I am using a pre-amp can I go into a snake or PA or do I still need to run through a direct box?

Can you get phantom power through a 1/4" jack?

yes, running guitar to amp. I'm just wondering about skipping the amp at bigger venues and going direct into the sound system.

yeah, I've got two different outs on my amp. one 1/4" and another XLR.

Butch, thanks for the link! I'll check it out for sure.

Fiddler, are you talking about running your bass into the system? If so, I used to do it quite a bit. Doesn't really hurt anything at normal levels but if you turn the system up too loud the bass seems to mess with the higher notes. Not too bad but enough you will notice it.

I read the literature that came with the unit I bought...it's here:D... Guess I can go into my amp even without the preamp (but lose one pickup if I do).

My question was about if my pre-amp takes the place of a direct box (like going into a snake direct with no amp). I think it does but still not sure.

I can always mic my amp or run one of the two direct outs to the system if needed.

Took me a few hours to get everything adjusted and installed. Had to do a slight modification on the bridge to get one of the pickups installed. The preamp didn't come with factory settings so had to open that up and adjust a few things to get a good starting point for when i plug it in.

Might run up and set in on a show tomorrow for a couple hours to get the thing dialed in a bit before the concert on Sat. They usually cover my gas money at least when I go up there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good luck Dave.

Me? I think I am screwed. I have a gig tomorrow, but I am still sick as hell.

Not sure how someone who plays entirely by ear and memory is going to play when the whole world sounds like Charley Brown's teacher.

Back