Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Butch, I've got a few buddies that play them...also my Granddad and all his sons played it. I've never had an interest in it myself.

Well, I picked up a couple gigs the next 2 weekends and may actually be in a band playing Bass. Wicked good banjo picker (played for jimmy Martin, Bill Monroe, Osborne Bros....) named Dana Cupp, Guitar player is another old friend and has a killer voice. We haven't even officially announced we are a band yet and already got hired today for a great Festival in June.

Hey, it's something!

Been So long since i was in a band...hope it works out for a few years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember that you have mentioned quite a few false starts in that regard Dave.

In the last few years anyway.

Lots of folks up here want to be in a band or put one together......but the live music scene is dead. Deader n' hell.

Now its just weddings and anniversaries and such.

We would be playing mostly festivals, municipal shows...stuff like that. There are a few club gigs we can play down near the Detroit area. We all live more than a couple hours from each other, so those Detroit gigs will probably be our practices...

Congrats Fiddler. Sounds like a heck of a group. I've got blisters on 3 fingers try to get in shape for February. Busy bass month. I'm in 3 different groups full time. Even then I still want to play more. We've only done one show in December. We've got a UCP benefit tomorrow that we play every year at this time. We'll be at SPBGMA first week if February. It's the highlight of my picking year. If anyone is close to Nashville that weekend it's definitely worth checking out. All the jamming you can handle. I'll usually sleep 3 ir 3 hours in 3 days.

Sometimes it gets a little hectic. I was in 5 groups but had to cut back a little when I got married. Two of the groups have a weekly practice and several shows a month. The other group only does shows. They don't really ever practice. And it shows but they have fun.

It's a 5 piece but I left one tom off to conserve room. I've mounted a splash off the crash stand above the remaining tom and mounted the ride off one of the legs of the floor tom. Those cymbal stands take up alot of real estate.

I'll post a picture this evening. I have an acoustic kit, an electric kit and a computer desk jammed into an 8 by 8 area.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back