Some HO pictures of a Pine we did...

I had a pinto pulley and useed a biner for a link. Now I have a DMM Bat rigging plate. 3 connection points for Ddrt and Wraptor. Or M config.
And I do not use an over the shoulder thing for my HH. I tether the bat plate to the double handled ascender. It advances fine in this fashion.

Stephen, something to think about. When you attach you Hitchhiker to a toothed ascender you turn the toothed cam into your primary point of attachment. In the West in particular we can run into an opportunity to have our anchor fail. ( 3 times for me so far) It is not too far off to fall 9-10 feet which is plenty enough force for a toothed cam to debride a rope, particularly a 24-strand and some kernmantles. Not good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is something that concerns me Dave, I will be changing over to some other tending set up in the near future. Rainy day project....

Stephen, something to think about. When you attach you Hitchhiker to a toothed ascender you turn the toothed cam into your primary point of attachment. In the West in particular we can run into an opportunity to have our anchor fail. ( 3 times for me so far) It is not too far off to fall 9-10 feet which is plenty enough force for a toothed cam to debride a rope, particularly a 24-strand and some kernmantles. Not good.

A Screamer is worth incorporating, perhaps. I need to put one in my system. Leg propulsion, leave the arms for work. A Wraptor attachment point on your rigging plate could be really nice, eh? How do you connect your systems.

Wow, great pics Stephen. :thumbup:
HO cleanups are probably my favorite jobs..... ;)
How is that small rig plate on your bridge working? I love mine, having three attachment points gives many options. :)
When you get a helmet cam you will love it. It gives a great point of view to evaluate your work.
Mine has been a huge help to me. :thumbup::D

Back