Starting a tree service.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If i motivated myself more i could hand out this stack of cards, get rid of these postcards. fix my bucket truck, quit my fulltime job!

A full time salary is a good help in starting a tee service. Time it wisely.

To paraphrase Burnham... It's easier to get out of some situations than to get in them.

Somewhat of stable income helps to avoid some expensive things... Going in undercapitalized, and with no business history for credit, and no guarantee outside income for credit.

You can only do things the hard way for so long... Labor saving tools!

If I had to start up again the first thing I would buy would be a stump grinder
You can make good money with one and don't need any employees

If I had to start up again the first thing I would buy would be a stump grinder
You can make good money with one and don't need any employees

I don't know about the first thing I'd buy, but the rest of the post could have been written by me.
Great moneymakers.

Knowing what I know now I would choose a different career. Sounds bad I know. Running a legit tree biz in a market full of cheaters with no enforcement of federal and state law sucks

Knowing what I know now I would choose a different career. Sounds bad I know. Running a legit tree biz in a market full of cheaters with no enforcement of federal and state law sucks
Well I can't speak for the States but what I love about this game is the lack of regulation, both in the UK and here.
Especially in the UK where the Arboricultural Asscociation are trying (in vain) to regulate.
By and large you can get on with your job without some bloke with a clipboard telling you what to do or stopping you because you're not doing it as they want.

I hear the other career path. I'm in 7 years now. Bossy is not as capable as before. Labor saving tools and techniques, and efficiency.

P.s. employees will come and go. They owe you nothing. You owe them a safe place to work, and to be paid on time. End of story.

Good to have back up resumes.

The part I don't like is that there is regulations but few of us that try to follow them. This makes our costs higher and the client often only sees the bottom line. I sent a letter to our contractor's board telling them that. Also that they either need more enforcement or to abolish the the entire system so that there would be a fair market. Kinda threw their own mission statement in their face. Of course I got no reply

Well you should first look around see how the local competition looks. Get a group that is dedicated as you are and start finding some clients. O yea by neccsary gear first real basic equipment. Just saw this was posted in 2013 hows it going?

Palm Harbor Tree Service

Back