Dead Oak, a few days, lots of targets and treasure.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Final pics from today. It was only Rob and I.
Rob went on early and finished the chipping. Also cleaned up the lower drive and moved more wood. I showed up after Kat came home from work. Started my day at 11:30 rigging the tree.
Used Paul's Hitch Hiker on the spars... Worked nicely!.
So here is some final fodder...
IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg

This is the piece I screwed up with.. You can see what happened. I was trying to give myself some room to cut and spread the block and marl too far apart. Then the line should have been pre-tensioned more. It just dropped a tad too far and nicked the corner. I turned the rigging, but never closed the gap.....

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 48
Missed the sensitive (read expensive) part :).

Your rigging challenges are every bit as good...plus, you have real targets, we were just training over undamageable ground. That ups the ante, eh?
:D
Just a bit ;)

You have more bodies you were responsible for B ;)

You can see it did not get me too down....

Home owner comment was "you are amazing.. all that tree and all you hit was the corner of a wall that does not really do anything.... " :lol:
IMG_0005.jpg

Then up the main stem into the deer antlers.. Rigged down some real rotton nasty. Rob had not yet seen what I was working in up there until today :|:
Sometimes it is prudent to not let your business partners know just what the tree looks like up there... Sometimes ;)
Needless to say, this tree did not start as an SRT ascent with a basal tie in... ;)

IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0013.jpg

Hit concrete right after that last shot.

IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0017.jpg We made a spring board out of wood and a couple sheets of 3/4 to bounce the 1/2 rounds on... Worked a charm. Just shoved them over to the plywood. Of course they did not weigh all that much being as hollow as some were.
So the lady wanted a pic of me standing and I obliged. Then the shot after clean up...

Great pics man, I need to get someone on my jobs to just take pic's and vid's all day.

Great documentation and a spot on job all the way around. Probably a good thing by the looks of the rot and holes there were so many targets kept you to lil pieces;) love the big branch shots:thumbup:

Thanks for the kudos guys :)
Wish you could have been there too Steve... That would have been fun :)
Stopped by this AM and set the piece of wall back and used some concrete adhesive to hold it. Start repainting it tomorrow.
HO has a can of the same paint.. should look fine all done. :)
We usually can not get that much documentation on the job as we are usually pretty busy. But the HO asked for good pictures throughout the job. Nice to have a HO pay you to take pictures. It's easier when we have Seth with us too. He is pretty dang good at capturing work..

Second coat of paint and it is all fixed. Might have landed another job across the street as well.... Lady across the street kept checking to see if I had stood by my word repairing the damage ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 26
Back