The MS150 Has Arrived

I'm still torn between a echo 271T and the 150 for my homeowner only uses. Fruit tree trimming etc too.

Echo makes a astonishingly reliable, durable, small saw.

I really have more than enough saws and mainly do removals anyway so I won't be getting one, but I might stick a carving bar on that little Echo I was talking about.

For about $300 that should suit you Cut4Fun, not a bad little saw. Wonder if I could change to 1/4 chain as well, that would make them really close.

IMG_7174.JPG

I bet you can change it to 1/4". If it is rim style clutch it is just to get a rim, if not you need a clutch drum.
I'm not sure if that Echo takes a small 7 spline rim but I got a half dozen 1/4" 9Tooth Jak Max rims that I bought from Bailey's. I believe these rims are made in Australia.
Bailey's sells the 1/4" conversion kits with b/c included for the Echo 305, 306, 340, 341, 345, 346.

I'm not sure if that Echo takes a small 7 spline rim but I got a half dozen 1/4" 9Tooth Jak Max rims that I bought from Bailey's. I believe these rims are made in Australia.
Bailey's sells the 1/4" conversion kits with b/c included for the Echo 305, 306, 340, 341, 345, 346.

Regardless of what it has I bet it is no odd diameters so it can be figured out what to put in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can pick them up here for y'all......mod and ship.

I'm not a resaler though........I just sell my services.

That is a point I feel the need to make. I've been in business for myself most of my life......never had any issues.

That depends of whether you want the saw ported, or just tweaked.

100.00 for tweaked........250.00 for ported.

Plus the cost of the saw.

If any of you guys are thinking about one let me know. I do have a considerable backlog though.

I have no idea what the porting would do, but the tweaking for 100.00 is well worth it. Read my earlier posts. That little 1/4" chain is perfect on this saw. Not only does it allow this small saw to cut at a respectable speed, it is so much smoother cutting than any other saw I have used.

If you guys get the 150 either have Randy mod it or find out what he did and do it yourself. The saw he did for me just rocks. Cuts half again faster than stock, mabe more. I use it all the time now even on removals. Power to weight is awesome and I have beat the hell out of it and it just keeps on going.
This is one of the best saws Stihl has ever made.

Thank you for this outstanding recommendation!

It is because of you that I now own a Vortex climbing rope, and I absolutely love it. Thanks for that recommendation, too! :thumbup:

Tim

Back