The MS150 Has Arrived

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure I believe that you are lazy.

If you didn't have anything at all to do......you'd go crazy.

I'm not sure I believe that you are lazy.

If you didn't have anything at all to do......you'd go crazy.

)) At us speak: "Every real man should plant a tree, raise a son and build a house." With the first two paragraphs I have everything in ok, but to build a house I still fails already during 5 years. All the time is spent on sawing trees. So if I had the time, I'd finally built a house in the village.
It seems to me this saying for me personally, should look like this: "Every real man has to cut down the tree, planing son, and to build a house"))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I built my house over a eight year span. I started when I was 31 years old. I didn't think it would ever be finished.....

I got the only T150 in the country on loan today for a week or so.
My dealer talked the representative of StihlDenmark into letting me try his demo model out.
It won't be released here till next year, but it'll be fun to try it out now:)

So do you have one Max? If so how do you like it?

You'll laught when you first start it Stig...sounds like a tin can, but it has assets far beyond its humble size and sound :)

If you guys get the 150 either have Randy mod it or find out what he did and do it yourself. The saw he did for me just rocks. Cuts half again faster than stock, mabe more. I use it all the time now even on removals. Power to weight is awesome and I have beat the hell out of it and it just keeps on going.
This is one of the best saws Stihl has ever made.

Wow!

To Randy: Can you buy one new near you, mod and ship it? How much would that be? Just wondering.

If you guys get the 150 either have Randy mod it or find out what he did and do it yourself. The saw he did for me just rocks. Cuts half again faster than stock, mabe more. I use it all the time now even on removals. Power to weight is awesome and I have beat the hell out of it and it just keeps on going.
This is one of the best saws Stihl has ever made.

Yes, I opened up the muffler and its a much different saw now, poor Lil' guy couldnt breath

Wow!

To Randy: Can you buy one new near you, mod and ship it? How much would that be? Just wondering.

I'm curious, too. I would really like one for fruit tree season, but with an endorsement like that, and my shoulders getting a vote on the matter, maybe sooner.

Man that little saw keeps earning its price!

I was cleaning out the base of a holly tree today, down on hands and knees, under the low branches, cramped, prickley, the 150 fit right in there and did the job. My Zubat was to awkward to fit in the tight spaces and get enough sawing action.
If you do a range of pruning, you will NOT regret buying this saw

So do you have one Max? If so how do you like it?

I became the proud owner of 150 t year and 6 months ago. During this time, I understood that 150t is unique chainsaw. With each passing day I love 150t are more and more.
As said Randy: "Every tree worker needs a MS150T."
Will be even better if you to pump over 150t by Randy.

It'a a no brainer for pruning!

Ok, so now a techinical question...I've opened up the muffler a little, certainly not as much as it could be if I took it off.
I'm getting that '4 stroke' burble when throttling up to WOT, but it doesn't clear up when I load up in the branch I'm cutting. Give me some tuning tips!

Well, I fell in love with the little saw today.
I used it ½ day, lineclearing. Then Richard had it the rest of the day.
As soon as they put it on the market here, we'll buy one.

I was taking a thigh thick long leaning top off a beech today. They like to blow up in your face, so normally I'd use a triangle cut on one as top loaded as this one, but with the carving type bar on the 150, I could bore cut it and trip it from behind, no problem.

It doesn't cut fast, about like a somewhat dull T200, and since most arbos can't sharpen chains anyway, the difference will be negligible:lol:

I'm not going to get one because I might like it, then I'll have to admit I'm wrong.
Seriously, I don't do any light pruning, but I'll get one anyway.
Enough people's who's opinion I wouldn't dismiss out of hand seem to rate them.

Back