The MS150 Has Arrived

Are you taking the piss? A 150 as a dedicated ground saw in commercial tree work is gonna slow down production to the point of losing money. I'm sure its fine for orchards/vineyards, homeowners, wood carvers and the like.

I'm so sorry I offended you by using a rear handled saw. You're absolutely right. I will throw them in the trash tomorrow morning. What was I thinking! I'm an awful person. I will hang my head in shame over the guilt I feel after unknowingly using a inferior tool that is of the rear handled variety. I have seen the error of my ways thanks to you, and I thank you for opening my eyes. I never would've seen the light if it wasn't for your profound wisdom.

A rear handled 200 would be great ground saw for 12" or less. The 150 would be nice for wood half that size or cutting forks outta limbs for the chipper.

My extra 150 makes a great "by the chipper" saw for cutting forks and pig tails...

Oh my friggin' God. That was the best comment on the150 EVER!

My 150 started playing up this week, the stop switch was only working intermittently, thinking it was the wiring in the handle I took it apart to have a look, nothing wrong found inside, i ended up taking the clutch off to look under the plastics, it was then I noticed a screw under the plastic that was loose, I tightened it up put the saw back together and all was fine.

You can't see it but the earth must go to that screw, just a heads up incase anybody suffers the same type of problem.

Carl, I had exactly the same problem with mine.

My theory is because of the exhaust mod and timing advance the saw revs harder with a few more vibes. Hence the loosening of the screw you mentioned.

Holy smokes just wanted to jump in here I just performed the mod on my 150 and I am amazed can't believe the difference. I advanced the timing just a bit and hollowed out the complete exhaust hole. What a difference, it was very sluggish before now not at all. Thanks guys for the help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just ported one of these. So far, I've just advanced timing and muffler mods. But this one got a compression increase, some mild port work, and the other mods. It's pretty strong now for a little saw.

Hey yall,

I have been running my 150 for awhile now and i love it. I only did the muffler mod, it ran really well for awhile but now its running crappy.

I did not tune the carb at all after the muffler mod, it seems to be flooding it self out, i am running 40:1 which might not be helping i guess??? but its non ethanol fuel and wasnt that old. Just thought i would ask you all.

Thanks!!

\

No not at all, if it idles then I go to make a cut it bogs before I can throttle it up. Sometimes just stalls out too and its horrible to start again.

I'm no expert, if it was mine I'd rebuild/replace carb, or at least take it apart and clean it. Good cleaning, filter and spark plug. Does it have a manifold boot? Rip in it?

I would say a possible fouled spark plug and or your spark arrestor screen is plugged up??...mine did this ;)

Sounds just like what mine did this week. I cleaned out the fuel tank and put a new spark plug in, old plug looked a bit sketchy.
Used it all day today it was fine.

Anyone know where the fuel tank vent is one one of these? I have had two fuel vents go bad on 200's, so thought it might be the problem on the 150. Just looking at it I couldn't locate it in the time I had.

Wowzers I wasn't even thinking fouled plug or carb problems. I mean I probably only have 4 solid hours on it just a guess, I will tear it apart hopefully this week if I get time. Thanks for the responses.

Being in Kalifornia I have to have that restrictive spark arrestor screen in my 150...mine was running a bit rich and clogged after about 4 hours of use when I first got it.

Make sure and check this and clean it up if carbon build-up on screen...

Look not only the screen, but the exit hole of the muffler too.

My muffler doesn't have a screen and the deflector is welded, so I can see nothing from the outside. I had to cut the muffler's bottom to access at the exit hole. Mine was reduced from 1/4" to 1/8" by the carbon build up. At first glance, I even believed that it was a rivet!
It's hard to breath throw that.

Yesterday my baby saw take again a free ride to the ground, hopefully on a cushion of small cedrus limbs. The suspension ring broke again.:X
My first repair hold fine but the plastic housing broke and let go the other side of the "U" ring (the clutch side).
I have to make some improvement and replace this shitty ring, like the little web strap shown here.

After the plug change my baby saw is working fine again, yay!
I have become almost dependant on it, I was dreading a full day with the Silky alone...or struggling with the 200 on branches that were really too small for it.

The newer "R" plugs go bad in other way's than we are used to. This combined with fancy "intelligent" ignitions makes it a a bit tricky to tell whats up at times...

Back