Pulling The Dingo Drive Wheel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dropped the wheel motor off today. It is almost a 2 hour drive to the nearest Parker distributor. They also rebuild. They will have it done by Wednesday. I already had the seal kit, so that was a pre-investment in the repair. They will credit me on the bill. They are going to mic the shaft, something I can not do with out the specs. Then they will know if I need the drive shaft or not. Even with the shaft, the rebuild will e about 470.00 less the seal kit. Not bad.
Took the day off and left early to get back by noon today after a couple more stops.
Picked up the forever late in transit part (throttle cable) for the post hole auger I have been waiting a month or so for.. Dum dums forgot to ship it.
Then started tearing down the 360t and marrying two to make one. Looks like I still will need an impulse hose. And no.. I can not just use a regular hose. One end is flange style like a boot :|:

Yeah... It never seems to end.
Just put the rebuilt carb on the Datsun. I still have saws I am itching to rebuild. Never seem to get to them,

4 hour round trip to Fresno... Picked up the best coffee on the way out.. Picked up the wheel motor (done at least a day early). Headed back and stopped at Hooters for lunch. Yes I deserved it!!
Tipped the hottie waitress well...
Got home, took a short break and then went over to the shop to put it all back together.
Had her up and running, all buttoned up in two hours. Had some other stuff to replace like O rings and cotter pins.
No leaks.. good to go.. Parked her on some clean concrete to check for any sneaky leaks in the morning.

Imagine if you had to hired that job out, Stephan. Mechanic shops seldom can do as good of repairs as the owner of the equipment could do themselves, and on a timely basis to boot. Good Job

Yeah, I try not to add more over heard with other peoples labour if I can help it. I do know my limitations. Example, give mechanic the old carb I was having a hard time finding parts for on the 71 Datsun. He just happened to have the parts needed. He also is our local Datsun/NIssan wizard. Carb rebuild cost me $150.00. I figure my learning curve and parts searching would have cost me more of my labour than that. ;)

Small community you live in, Stephan. Beautiful area. you're blessed. Terri and I will be stopping by to see you, sometime in the near future. Yosemite is one of our way-points and you are on the way to it. thank you

I'll have to see when and where they are doing it now. Place has changed hands, remodelled. We'll figure something out. :)
I'll be starting the Ski lessons with the kiddos again in January on Mondays.. That'll run through to the 1st of April..

Back