First chair carving

I have viewed a lot of people sitting in hand made chairs, especially mine over many years, so it gives an impression. Good to get as much contact under your leg as is possible, without feet not resting on the ground or a rest. It looks like a gap under your legs, but it takes a side view to really tell. Chairs are things to be picky about, lots of subtleties in yielding comfort. The arms do look the proper height. :thumbup: The overall impression is one of
comfort. :) I like the people that will sit down in one of my chairs and then ask me, "Am I comfortable?" :lol:

Page, is that your first name? Your daughter, or the homeowner's? How old? I'm a papa to an 18, make that 19 month old, seen to the left at half a day old, born in the same bed, three feet from where she was sleeping in my arm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Page, is that your first name? Your daughter, or the homeowner's? How old? I'm a papa to an 18, make that 19 month old, seen to the left at half a day old, born in the same bed, three feet from where she was sleeping in my arm.
Page is my last name, Mike is my first. worked with so many mikes over the years, even multiple mikes at the same job I just go by page. That's my daughter Gaia in the picture, she's 9. her and my wife came to help me on the job moving and stacking firewood. Slave labor Ha Ha! I should have more kids! you got a while to go before you can put your kid to work.

It's different... I've never seen that done before.
I thought it would be easier to notch it for the back rest than trying to meet 2 cuts together blindly. I think it allowed me to make smoother cuts as well. I'm really into it now and can't wait to carve some more. I got some cool light post ideas. and I started to make a cedar spiral staircase.

Family business is awesome.. Hope you pay the little one an allowance when she is done :)
5 bucks an hour. that's what I made at my first job bail'n hay. although I suppose inflation should be considered.

Back