Shindawa Chainsaws

A friend of mine came to me wanting to get her husband a saw for occasional yard work. She had a coupon for a $99 saw somewhere. It was called a BlueMax or something? I told her I couldn't guarantee it would start, let alone last.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll have to give Honda some credit even though I'm died in the wool red white and blue .

The Accord engine made in Anna Ohio took the best designs of all 4 cylinder engines and combined them .Center spark plug ,opposing 4 valve per cylnder dual overhead cams and one simple item to set them apart ,counter rotating balancing shafts .An in line 4 cylinder is one of hardest designs to achieve balance on ,that simple little idea did the trick .

Seeing how this thread mysteriously started with my name on it I'd better post something.

I think this happened about three years ago.

Echo, Shindaiwa, and Yamabiko all merged together to form the Yamabiko corporation. Echo and Shindaiwa all still make their respective equipments under their own names but are now overseen by the parent company Yamabiko.
Echo will now be seen as a maker of both homeowner and commercial equipment while Shindaiwa is eliminating all homeowner equipment (like the curved shaft trimmers) and going to be seen as commercial and top of the line equipment.
Interestingly enough, most changes are happening to Shindaiwa rather than Echo. Shindaiwa is eliminating their C4 line of blue equipment. They are also merging and condensing parts, often using the Echo made part. Shindaiwa is also now assembling their equipment in Echo's USA headquarters in IL.

I started this thread by merging the posts that were leading another thread off topic. I'm gonna start doing that more often.

Its a good idea. Think about how many topics go unnoticed because they are buried on Page 6 of another thread that someone isn't interested in reading. I think participation stands to be boosted by doing what you are suggesting.

That's strange, the Stihl MSA 200 C-BQ isn't available there either, they're both selling well here.:scratch:

I started this thread by merging the posts that were leading another thread off topic. I'm gonna start doing that more often.

You're going to be busy then.

Its a good idea. Think about how many topics go unnoticed because they are buried on Page 6 of another thread that someone isn't interested in reading. I think participation stands to be boosted by doing what you are suggesting.

Yep, derails are fun sometimes but they can wreck a thread and it does tend to stop people starting new ones as well I reckon if that has happened.

Back