Federal Employment Posters

NickfromWI

King of Splices
How many of y'all actually display them.

I can't think of a decent place to hang ours. We don't have a shop. Technically, I should hang them off the liquidambar tree next to where I park my truck each day!

Anyone ever dealt with this before?

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah- the best I can think is to put them on the inside of the toolbox door on the truck.

It's a dumb rule. Nobody looks at that crap.

Now I just have to find the posters that fit in the tool box!

love
nick

How'm I supposed to figure out what I have to display? Looks like there are a bunch of choices...

Nick, I believe we all have to display the same exact ones. They are regulated by the Fed's. Our leasing company sends them to us, but I get ad's in the mail all the time wanting to sell them to me.

I wonder, and I mean I wonder (I believe you have to display them) if you could print them and hand them out with a waiver saying the employee received them.

There's got to be some rule on this. I'm sure I'm not the first company ever to be in the same situation.

love
nick

Why not have signed copies in the employee's company folder?

I think that's too easy. If we could just do that, I don't think we would see these stupid posters in every office in the USA.

Nick, do you claim part of your home as an "office" on your income tax forms?

I do. Our guest bedroom is our office (it's where I do my splicing). But the guys NEVER go there. I might as well mount them on the wall behind a bookshelf. There's got to be a rule about them being posted where they are visible.

love
nick

I do. Our guest bedroom is our office (it's where I do my splicing). But the guys NEVER go there. I might as well mount them on the wall behind a bookshelf. There's got to be a rule about them being posted where they are visible.

love
nick

I would put them there even though the guys would never see them. During a future audit, if one ever happens, if they ask to see your "office" it would pass inspection. If they simply wanted to see pictures, you could furnish them.

If an "agent" knocked on your "business" door, I assume it would be the front door of your house? Show them your compliant place of business... the bedroom that is an office.

Just my .02

Nick, where do they meet? Laminate them and put up outside somewhere?

That's the thing- outside is not an option. My truck is street-parked. Guys meet either at the jobsite or in front of my house. There isn't a way to hang the sign outside without it looking trashy

love
nick

Stupid rules deserve to be either ignored or observed technically rather than in any practical way.

I would put them there even though the guys would never see them. During a future audit, if one ever happens, if they ask to see your "office" it would pass inspection. If they simply wanted to see pictures, you could furnish them.

If an "agent" knocked on your "business" door, I assume it would be the front door of your house? Show them your compliant place of business... the bedroom that is an office.

Just my .02

There's your answer plain and simple. A business is not required to have a building of its own. Hang it in your home office. Interview men there, and pay them there. No one can ever say it was hung in a place they never went.

I moved my shop from my home 2 years ago and the posters are still here, never been asked...

Back