More HH questions from a first time SRT'er

lately ive been using a simplified version of that system. i have a shoulder strap with a keychain biner for holding the HH at chest, pantin (of course) and basic with short foot loop on bottom and long hand loop on top. rope walking like; HH is held to chest by micro biner on shoulder strap (also my suspender), left foot is pantin, right foot is footlooped to basic and basic is advanced with right hand. still hand over hand ropewalking. what i like about this setup is that i can use rated slings (1/2" dyneema ) for my foot and hand loops. when not ropewalking they do double duty as redirects and such.

OMTC (what's your name), have you seen some of Kevin's videos WAY out on tips of hardwoods?

What rope are you climbing on, and what do you weigh, geared up?

My experience has been on Poison Hyvee and HTP.

I'm on Poison HiVee with 8mm Armor Pruss tied in the recommended VT. I keep trying other hitch knots but find most comfort with the 5 wrap VT.

Yes I've seen all of Kevin's videos. All good stuff.

I weigh 79 kilos in my birthday suit, sorry I don't have a photo!

Sent from me to you using a shiny gadget.

I just orderd a HH and HAAS system from treestuff, will get it next week!!

This thread is a good one and I hope it keeps rolling, grabbing all the info I can.

Im going to use my 12.7mm Vortex for the HH

This thread is a good one and I hope it keeps rolling, grabbing all the info I can.

Good choices! What are you using for a foot ascender?

David

That will work. It can be hard to keep the rope in the foot ascender when using a knee ascender, so find an accessory carabiner to place in the locking hole of the Pantin.

David

That's exactly what I use and I've been climbing with it since I got the HH and haas at the expo and once you get the haas set up right it's great!

For those that don't have the duckets to buy a HAAS, my extra handled ascender, a piece of cord with an adjustable prussic, and a piece of elastic shock-cord does the same. I cut the excess handle away. A basic will do the same. Effectively, free, if you have a handle ascender or basic around.

I will have a mount for my Contour Roam2 this week, so I'll try to get some video of my rope walker, use of the BMS Belay Spool, and some speedline tricks that I use that I feel makes speedlines super effective, both on cleanup jobs and drop and leave if I'd otherwise rig straight down.

For those that don't have the duckets to buy a HAAS, my extra handled ascender, a piece of cord with an adjustable prussic, and a piece of elastic shock-cord does the same. I cut the excess handle away. A basic will do the same. Effectively, free, if you have a handle ascender or basic around.

I will have a mount for my Contour Roam2 this week, so I'll try to get some video of my rope walker, use of the BMS Belay Spool, and some speedline tricks that I use that I feel makes speedlines super effective, both on cleanup jobs and drop and leave if I'd otherwise rig straight down.

I agree that you can get the job done with all those things, but it isnt the same. Cheaper, by far, but not the same.

Nice Sean! good for low budget...like to see vid

Works been good here so money not an issue, most tree stuff gets paid for on one job

Let me rephrase that. I've only rappelled down a single rope - never worked off one.

Nice Sean! good for low budget...like to see vid

Works been good here so money not an issue, most tree stuff gets paid for on one job

Right? I can never think of a good reason not to buy stuff. Though I must admit that I have a lot a lot of stuff that doesnt do much.

Right? I can never think of a good reason not to buy stuff. Though I must admit that I have a lot a lot of stuff that doesnt do much.

Yep, stuff that dont do much I just sell, I only keep the stuff that works.

I tried a few different set ups to see what works like the rope wrench and spiderjack, just didnt work for me, sold them...if I dont like HH, will sell that too

Better than this system?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-a3Df-Jeio8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kevin is the 2nd half

Ha, that's cool you got that on tape. Actually if I were going for speed I would go with the frog walking. For just moseying up the tree like its another day I go with the HAAS.

Back