Heated handles.

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Logging season for me will start soon. My old trusty 361 is due for an upgrade. Boy that thing has cut thousand upon thousands of trees. Gotta give it the thumbs up.

I guess ill replace it with another one, 362 obviously. Wondering if the heated handle is worth the extra expense, or a waste of money? My fingers cant take the cold, or my toes. But we'll worry about the toes later. Looking forward to a more pleasurable time in the woods this go around.

Just for laffs, try taking a baby aspirin this season. Improved circulation might help with your fingers/toes.

Heated handles are definitely worth the expense. I own a Husky 562XPG, it has heated carb and heated grips. The heated grips get toasty warm. Works excellent! Having numb hands from the cold sucks.

Ive never tried them but it sounds like a no brainer

Most have electric wires running through the handles that get the juice off the flywheel revolutions. It might be the older way of doing things now, but from what I have seen.

If you are only doing sporadic cutting, I don't think that heated handles are so helpful, running the saw fairly continuously makes a much more comfortable difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Most have electric wires running through the handles that get the juice off the flywheel revolutions. It might be the older way of doing things now, but from what I have seen.

If you are only doing sporadic cutting, I don't think that heated handles are so helpful, running the saw fairly continuously makes a much more comfortable difference.

I can cut all day long for days. Typically i would cut till i froze, them start skidding for a bit. Im thinking ill get it.

Heated handles for sure Brendon, without a doubt.

Yes MB they can be turned off and on with the flick of a switch.

I've had my hard core rants over on A.S. about saw companies that Do Not put heated handles on all their pro saws. Modern saws have a generator that makes more juice than the standard if.module. switch them on make a few bucks and toasty warm. . I've fell timber down to-45° F. They are really nice. The Husky's w/ heated handles are designated by the G. Ie. XP G.

You can definitely turn them off/on as needed and they definitely get 'hot' if you accidentally bump the hh switch in July.

I have a 346xpg in parts after an untimely fall from a tree (the saw, not me) a few years ago... I'm toying with retrofitting the hh's to another saw.

Earlier this year I saw some real cool rechargeable battery heated gloves, shown to me by a friend that rides a motorcycle. Two or three heat settings, I don't remember. I think that the setting automatically changes to the energy saving low after a bit. The low setting holds the battery charge for like six hours. I doubt that they would be suitable for climbing, but when on the ground with say a cotton glove covering, I think they could last. I called the outfit selling them and asked about for chainsaw work, given the hostile :evil:, it seems questionable to me that thin wires getting heated could withstand the vibrations of chainsaws. The person that attempted to answer my question couldn't really, her reply was more like a disclaimer. They are just the importer. The battery is in the back of the glove and not obtrusive. The weather got warm so I stopped thinking about it. Looked like some potential though for those mornings..... The gloves are pretty light, for bike riding my friend loves them. Around a hundred bucks or something.

Back