Tracked Lifts

TreeRhino

TreeHouser
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at investing in a tracked lift and was looking for some opinions/reviews of a few manufacturers

1) i'm looking at a Tracked Lifts 18.90
2) I'm also interested in the ManLift A70Tree and the A70TDi.
3) Anyone running an insulated lift? Having one that's insulated would be a big plus. we don't work around power lines, but as you all know, it is sometimes unavoidable.

What I like about the Tracked Lifts one is its simplicity. Straight hydraulics, no computer, designed for tree work, but alas, no insulation.

General thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

I have no experience with that machine, but i ran a tuepen 23gt for three years. Its amazing how you never have to climb. But when that machine broke, witch was multiple times per season, it was costly. 10k per pop seemed to be e norm. Only bad parts of tracked lifts are the slowness of the boom, and not being able to go over center. Good luck!

Computers, wiring harnesses, the trip back and forth to bring it to boston mass. There was a couple 10 k repaires, numerous 1500$ computers, a few leveling meters. We've gotten stuck in the air a lot, and had to override the safeties to get to the ground. He demoed another machine last week, hes over it.

We demoed the manlift several years ago. Not practical for tree work the way it is set up. Working envelope narrows drastically at different heights. Also, on the one we used, the basket leveling was way off and at times we felt we were going to fall out.

Many companies are going with Tracked Lifts. The smaller unit, 18.90 I think and the Omme due to the more simpler set ups.

And yes, the lifts are slower but still faster than climbing. I would sincerely doubt that at the end of the day very much actual time "is lost" due to the decreased speed.

Unless you're trying to escape a hornet onslaught!

My buddy hires a guy (90 bucks an hour) outta New Orleans to work on his bucket. Travel time both ways... we don't have anybody WAS here.

Back