HAAS Knee Ascender

My HAAS arrived but I'm confused. I thought the main selling point (for me anyway) is that the elastic retracts all the way into the rope, keeping it neat and tidy.
Mine certainly doesn't, not even nearly.
Am I wrong about this? Is the elastic supposed to be hanging out?

From the pic on the first page of this thread, the elastic is far from completely retracting in the rope.
But if I remember well one of the Haas's vids, you have to adjust the length of the elastic to make it works well for your stature and your needs.
So it won't hanging so much after that.

Just verify that the elastic stretch well and regularly if you pull on it.
I have a chainsaw lanyard witch lost 50% of it's elasticity only after 2 weeks of use. It's easy enough to see the difference, even if the main part is hidden.

My HAAS arrived but I'm confused. I thought the main selling point (for me anyway) is that the elastic retracts all the way into the rope, keeping it neat and tidy.
Mine certainly doesn't, not even nearly.
Am I wrong about this? Is the elastic supposed to be hanging out?

most of what hangs out the top will get cut off once you attach your boat snap. I leave lots of extra because its really hard to tie a short piece of bungie. as for it loosing its elastic- ness. the bungie in the HAAS is a really high grade material it should hold its bungie-ness for a really long time.

anyone have issues with the rope coming out of the ascender on the HAAS and not feeding well into the foot ascender? i love the thing, just cant get it to work quite right.

anyone have issues with the rope coming out of the ascender on the HAAS and not feeding well into the foot ascender? i love the thing, just cant get it to work quite right.

I've found that I have to keep my knee out of the way otherwise the Croll slides up and stops when it touches my trousers on the side of my knee.

I find on my home made knee ascender that it does "bump" the inside of my leg, but I have the bungee cord set pretty tight and it very rarely gets "hung up".
Something I've found while "fiddling around" with different setups is the way I "step into" the foot loop. For me, a half turn one way or the other will affect the
way the knee ascender "lines up" on the rope. I have found that if it "lines up" the wrong way it will make "heavier" contact with the inside of my leg and not advance
very well or even not at all. If any of that makes sense..... :|:

Oh, and I almost always use some kind of weight on the rope to get my foot ascender to advance at the start of the climb. :thumbup::D

I use a weight on the end of my rope, it's about 185lb and is called Bob :lol:

Back