No mas 372s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I got the saw back with a new carb and new electronics. That thing is just a sweet machine, maybe it will stay running longer than a couple weeks. I think it is the sweetest cutting saw I've ever used. Perhaps it is like the 562 that everyone raves about, but it has 5hp vs the 4hp in a 562. It cuts like a beast but it is extremely smooth too, I don't know if they packed more anti vibe stuff in there or whut

The 576XP AT was a torque monster of a smooth saw from what I remember. I'm still running my old reliable 372XP-24" , I retired my 272XP which has under 10 tanks through it, in the future I'm sending it to Simon Betrand to get it stroked and race ported [maybe cutoff head] for some competitions I'll take in.

My 562XP is running great like a trooper now that the hot weather has disappeared. I'm running it with a 18" b/c and my 550Xp is sporting a 16". My 395Xp runs either the 32" or 36".
I'm disappointed the T540XP hasn't shown up yet, maybe Husqvarna is waiting for the hot weather to go away in North America before they introduce it so they can sell a fair number before the shit hits the fan :) Sure don't need a hard starting saw when it's doing stop and go aerial work.

I still have a 372xp, it is a decent saw but it starts poorly. The 576 starts easy- 3-4 pulls when cold, 1 pull when warm.

I still have a 372xp, it is a decent saw but it starts poorly. The 576 starts easy- 3-4 pulls when cold, 1 pull when warm.

My 372 I bought new 7 yrs ago ,has lots of arb hours on her and still has lots of compression and runs like new.
You probably need a new piston and rings which will make it start good again.

It's almost brand new. I bought 3, traded in the 2 worst ones, kept this one cuz it cuts well

Cory, don't judge that 372 you have against the old style ones. I haven't touched a new edition 372. My 6 year old one is still running and functioning great. I do believe when it becomes worn, I will spend the money to overhaul it entirely.

I got my buddy an old style 372xp new in the box 2 years ago for $500 and I still regret not buying it myself. A fella bought a half dozen of them years and years ago from Baileys during their blowout sale. When the family logging business closed up shop, he sold the rest of new new in box 372's for exactly what he paid for them.

Chris, yes I know, I owned a bunch of the old 372s; legendary saws.

Holmen, you may be right, I just know it was new about 7 months ago.

I haven't touched a new edition 372. My 6 year old one is still running and functioning great. I do believe when it becomes worn, I will spend the money to overhaul it entirely.

Nah, just get a 576, they are the new 372 (um, if they stay running)

Just goofing off alittle today with a mild ported 70.7cc work saw. Yes a pipe makes any saw sound great.

Seemed to cut real good too. Will do more later.

That is wild!

Not a husky guy but ran a 562 today. Wow what a saw. Great power to weight ratio. I picked it up thinking it was heavy but was super impressed.

Just goofing off alittle today with a mild ported 70.7cc work saw. Yes a pipe makes any saw sound great.

Seemed to cut real good too. Will do more later.

Always wanted to play with a piped saw, never got the chance to! I always thought a nitroused piped wild thing would be fun!

Not a husky guy but ran a 562 today. Wow what a saw. Great power to weight ratio. I picked it up thinking it was heavy but was super impressed.

Yeah, see why I speak so highly of them now?

Pretty hyper powerband on that 562XP, instant WOT from idle. I've had people coming up to me while I'm working mine and they ask if I souped it up.:lol:

NOS wild thing on pipe has already been done by Brian TW. I have pics if needed.

NOS wild thing on pipe has already been done by Brian TW. I have pics if needed.

I've seen the pics, even seen a video! It's just, well FRIGGING AWESOME! But short lived! I've never had the beans to do it though. I knew it was nothing new, but it's one of those things, "Hey, let me go grab my Wildthing and we'll see how they match up!" Yeah, nobody is expecting that to come out of the truck!

She sounds cool but still just a mild work saw in the cut. Cutting what appears to be 11" round marbled maple. Square work chain. 8T rim sprocket.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KdAeF8mxlxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Folks that pulse saws seem like rookies

Heck, I like pumping the throttle. It doesn't make them cut any faster
But it sounds cool.

At least to me, !! .

I put a stubby 24" bar on my 460 Stihl I had modified by Micheal Lee. That was the longest bar that would fit in my climbing gear Action Packer for a tree job I just did in Anchorage. Its so fast and strong, if it wasn't so much fun to cut with I would be scared of it.
With a chisel ground full skip 3/8 .063 ga chain and an 8 tooth sprocket. Man oh man. That saw now pulls a 36" bar full of cottonwood with chisel ground 3/8,063 ga. Semi skipStihl chain with the 8 tooth sprocket. With only 84 drivers it will cut a 6" top like a light saber.
I call it. The Super Mike.

Why on earth would you use a saw that big to cut a 6" top out of a tree? That's more of a liability then an advantage.

Back