No mas 372s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
50-1 here too.

If you see gray, that's good, black would be bad?

Black isn't bad Cory. Its carbon. Doesn't mean anything bad necessarily. Every chainsaw piston Ive ever seen is black on top. Its like sawdust in the chip truck. its always going to be there.

I guess you could take off the muffler and swab the exhaust port with the carbon remover too. Good idea on using that stuff, Chris. Wonder if it is available here or something similar? Lots of chemical type goods won't get mailed overseas, I guess they fear that something could go wrong and they might blow up the plane, or possibly fumes could render everyone in the cockpit slap happy, or even worse, unconscious! :\: Seems kind of silly, but that is how it works.

I've always read to polish the intake but leave the exhaust rough, the turbulence helps with both the scavenging and mixing of the intake fuel.

I think you mean to leave the intake rough, Andy. Some older saws have tiny bumps on the intake port to increase the turbulence, made that way.

Just the old thread I was looking for - I just got a 2009 372xp NOS. Never gassed or oiled. When did the 372 switchover from OE to NE ? Might this be a forgotten wonder? Or too New?

Sorry,
I may be of Polish descent, but i?m not dumb.
I?ve been looking for such a find for a long time.
I work part time at a tool consignment shop.
This guy has money and always bought two of everything.
He also brought in a never-Used Stihl 660 Magnum;
32? baR and most of a 100? box of 72LGX asking $995 for both

I see you're about 45 minutes away; right across the river from the airport...
I do a small amount of work; mostly friends, relatives, and neighbors at this point.
I enjoy rec climbing with my kids and their friends and some fellow big tree hunters, with tips (and LiDAR) from the ENTS (Eastern Native Tree Society)
I do sell work for two friends still in the business; and pitch in as second or third climber when they have large jobs.
Let me know if/when you need a second climber, or would like to go do a rec climb.

IMG-6423.PNG
LiDAR image showing several trees close to 168 foot tall (white patches amongst the red).

IMG-6433.jpg
The tallest we found, was about 160 feet and was rotten at the base, so we climbed this 150 footer.

IMG-6446.jpg
New meets old.

I know they had the hard starting and bad crank bearing issues. But I have never heard a lack of power in the cut from the NE XT 372.
I have yet to be into a NE 372 X-torq and have rebuilt several OE 372 and have access to a bunch to compare to.
Can definitely identify with the hard starting on one of our 372XPs (X-torq). Sometimes when it's cold out, it's a bear to start (enough to break a sweat!). Another odd issue that crops up with that one is that if it's idling on its side (even for a few seconds), it will often just cut out. We just joke about it being a child safety shut off, or kid the fellow who likes to leave saws idling for an hour while running the chipper!

Back