Opportunity in Hawaii

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Certified Arborist and competent climber needed on the Island of Lanai off the coast of Maui. This is a great opportunity to work in a unique setting with good pay and plenty of work. A commitment of two months minimum is required but longer is preferred. Should have experience in all aspects of tree work (minimum 5 years full time climbing experience) and some experience leading and direction crew members.

Please PM me here or e-mail with your resume and/or a detailed description of your background and qualifications if interested.

Jon Perry
pacificarborist@gmail.com

Seems like a brilliant opportunity on a lesser populated part of paradise. Better if you don't surf, having to work when the waves are pumping would be torture. Adrian?

Good luck in funding the right person JP, wish I didn't have so much going on 6 months out there would be an opportunity of a lifetime!

The wife wants to go over there for our 40th anniversary, next year. She visited her brother on R&R from Vietnam in the 60's and would like to go back to any island but around Honolulu. If the offer is still there next fall or winter, I will be applying. Would have to get my Arborist Certification reinstated. I have number 24 in IL from 1986.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jon, are you going over to that piece of lava yourself?

Jay I posted this for a friend. If I had more time (like most on here) I would get over to Lanai and work. It is great pay ($50/hr) with accommodations included. Lots of big pine removals over buildings and Eucalyptus removals, along with varied pruning work here and there. This work is a result of Ellison buying the island and flushing the place with money to get much needed work done. It's working with a crew of 4 (three other guys), 1 other climber and 2 ground guys.

There should be tree work there for many years, from what I've heard. A great opportunity for the right person with the available time. I know my buddy is hoping to find someone longer term, he just got engaged and is moving to St. Louis and needs someone to fill his role there while he is away.

jp:D

Back