Morbark Chipper Key

NickfromWI

King of Splices
I need a couple more keys for my chipper. It looks generic and I think a ton of chippers use the same key. Any idea where I could buy one of these bad boys online.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374276196.062633.jpg

love
nick

I would think if you had one key it would be very easy to have it duplicated at a lock shop or even some place like Lowes .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I checked 2 key shops and both said about the same thing.

But now that I've been googling "kubota key" instead of morbark, I've found tons of them. I'll see if I can't take some of jeff's keys off his hands otherwise I can buy them online for like $2 each.

I guess it's different in a big city down there. We have a kubota dealer in town plus I'd bet our local locksmiths stock those keys.

I would think the opposite. I would bet there are hundreds more chippers around me than you. I think there are like 400 tree services in LA.

But then again- there is a key shop on every major intersection. Hundreds or thousands in LA.

love
nick

So maybe before you could tell them it was a kubota key is when they couldn't help you? Seems odd to me to be a key store but you couldn't get a key that common?

Kind of funny to me that you're in a huge city with hundreds or thousands of key stores and for all I know a dozen kubota dealers yet its easier for you to order online. Whereas I'm in hickville by comparison and could drive five minutes out of my way to get a key like that from another human being.

Locksmiths lean to more what makes them more regular money to keep in stock. Door keyes, vehicle keys... Way more of that out there in a place like LA,

Kubota dealer that carries their mini excavators and wheel loaders nick. I have 2 kubota wheel loaders. And kubota diesels on 2 nifty lifts, and it's the same key on all of them. They have them behind the counter.

No. I do. But it's 29 miles away in Pacoima. To get up there and back would be a 2 hr trip and would cost about 2 gallons in gas.

2 gallons of gas costs more than the $8 it would cost online.

So yeah- I'll be getting these on eBay.

cheers2.gif

Back