Stihl MSA 200 C-BQ Cordless Chain Saw

Do these battery powered saws have a power curve like gas engines do or is it all or nothing? I would like to try one out.
It is not like a engine powered saw, but yes. The 200C also climb rpm rather than just go. Feel a bit funny at first.
I don't like the throttle lock button is on side, it should be a bar in top like normal saws.

Facts are facts and is very hard to dispute and argue with "I heard this from my cousins best friends daddy" or read some were.
It would take quite a bit to alter a personal experience with words from others without experiance.

I must say I don't let it get to me as I am sure Tucker don't either. Between us it is no big thing and kind of fun.
This is fine between us, but it could mess it up for those reading. I joke around and play just as all others, but when it comes to saws I am mostly serious and especially when trying to try out new systems like this battery stuff.
There is more to this than I say now and I will address this better in a week or two.

In worst scenario they could actually believe him and get screwed up as they buy stuff not working for them....

I thought it was a terminology thing. However I did not think anyone would get up in a tree and not have saw secured in something, this was news to me as it would not be legal to do here. We have strict rules about how to act with saws in all professional situations. I think a lot more than in US. This saw we talk about in this thread should not be up in a tree as it is not designed for it and I doubt it is any use for it there without a back pack battery.

As for the Pellenic and cable, I said in that thread the guys on Arbtalk didn't like them much. There's a few threads about them over there, this guy is from NZ and he tried the C15 a while back. http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/climbers-talk/45206-selion-electric-chainsaw-test.html It's only a short thread.
They state they have 97% battery when it started testing.
In realty they had much less.

These are not speed charged as that tend to hurt battery as most know that wrench in battery stuff. This is why these last a hole lot longer than regular stuff that is speed charged.
As you load battery and connect it it takes a couple minutes to get up in 25%, a couple hrs to get up to 95% another couple hrs to get the last 4%.
The last 8% takes as long as the other 91%. In practical running you miss out on a lot of run time if it is not fully loaded battery.
Best is to let it sit over night so the charger do its thing until it is done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Considering he was asked to test it you'd think they would have charged it properly, but sales reps.#-o

I'm finding out these new types of batteries do charge a lot differently to what I'm used to. Couple of things I bought recently I thought they were charged but takes a lot longer than the old stuff, lasts heaps longer as well once properly charged first off.

Back to the 200C.

I don't like the throttle lock button is on side, it should be a bar in top like normal saws.

That's the only thing I didn't like about it, probably would have bought it that day except I had to replace my longreach hedge trimmer and the sales guy dropped the battery on the concrete floor taking it off the shelf. Maybe an omen, I've got too many saws anyway.

Back