Stihl MSA 200 C-BQ Cordless Chain Saw

Steve Mack

Life Member.
New England Region, North NSW. Australia.
These don't seem to show up on the US Stihl site, anyone heard about them? http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...rdless-Chain-Saw/22182-1609/MSA-200-C-BQ.aspx

A-AKKU_MSA200-E014_p2.jpg

"At times people require just that little bit more power to finish the job. The new MSA 200 C-BQ battery chain saw is the solution. Having 30% more power than the MSA 160 C"

I know a few didn't like the 160 but I'm tempted, even with the price. I've got some saws I never use but I reckon I'd use this nearly every day. I think Bud said he had a 160 as a chipper saw, that's one reason and I can think of a few others.

I am in the market for a small chipper groundsman saw. Hmm this might be good. I always wanted to get the battery blower to cleanout the trucks so having the batteries would make more sense.

Can you run 63 series chain on these?

Our store has had them for over a year. Gotta buy batteries and charger separately if I recall correctly

The 200 Willie? I have the 160 and really like it for the chipper. I haven't seen the 200 anywhere.

Oh, whoops, i didn't notice the model. Didn't figure there would even be more than 1

In the pic isn't that a cord draped over the log? If so that is way close to the action end IMO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know what that is but they don't have a cord that's for sure.:scratch:

The battery fits the blower as well, I was thinking of getting that too like Brendon.

I found Bud's video of the 160, the 200 has 30% more power according to the specs.

Sorry for the language at the end.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7s9tLAVymA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The tie dye shirt was nice too, it perfectly matched the obscenity at the end. The trouble with that saw is after the battery gets low, some users wlll want to start sawing back and forth with it. I guess the trouble is really with the people.

As I said in the vid, that tiedye wearing guy won't last long. Turned out to be true. He could bench 280 has a great sense of humor, but couldn't handle 6 hrs/ doing tree work. It's been three or so weeks now by myself and I am about spent.
The little battery saw takes a good lickin' though. I bet the 200 is a good improvement.

I've known a few like that. Good luck finding a replacement, hard workers are few and far between these days.

Well it's strange we can get these saws here, I can't find anything about them on AS, that buzz place or Arbtalk. Even their Honey Bros dealer doesn't have them listed.:scratch:

It might be a good thing to ask perspective workers what time it is that they go to bed at night....or in the morning. :roll:

Good point Jay. That guy was a good friend back in town for the extended summer. He has been completely sober for near four yrs.
He is typical of the work force around here. Entitled. A damn shame really. What will today's youth do when the shit hits the fan?

Well okay battery powered stuff has its place .We use them at work all the time and I have several at the house .

Now just how long do they last .I know you might get lucky and get two years from a pair of for example DeWalt 18 volt .Those things cost 69 bucks each .Don't forget you have to charge them .

So how much electricity could you buy from the power company for 69 bucks .Better still how much gasoline could you buy for a saw which probabley has 3 times the power for that amount .

There's more to it than just a perception of environmental impact.Now I'm not saying it's a bad thing in some circumstances but certainly not an option for a majority of people .

I just stole this from an Aussie on another site about the MSA 200 C-BQ.

MS170 seems to be about equal in power to a MS190T according to the original link. Think I'll go and check it out tomorrow if they have one.

My thoughts on the saw:

- Saw is very quiet.
- No start procedure! Just pick up and use. A huge time saver.
- Weight is 5kg with battery, which sounds heavy but in use it feels very good! Not once have I noticed the weight or been bothered by it when limbing on the ground.
- Battery time is decent, is lasts close to as long as a MS170 fuel tank.
- Automatic Quickstop upon trigger release is very handy - chain stops spinning almost instantly.
- Saw cuts very well - I would say it almost matches a MS170 which is great considering it uses zero petrol.

Weren't we working on a plan that someone would do a write up review on a new model saw that came out, and Stihl was going to be pleased to send them one for free to facilitate it? No conflict of interest, you would have to be truthful.

I called the local dealers (3 shops) and 1 had no clue what I was talking about. 1 was not interested in ordering one for me, and the other said the MSA 200 is not out yet.

He had the msa 160 in stock. $350.

I'm giving her a shot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375028418.849026.jpg

love
nick

I called the local dealers (3 shops) and 1 had no clue what I was talking about. 1 was not interested in ordering one for me, and the other said the MSA 200 is not out yet.

He had the msa 160 in stock. $350.

I'm giving her a shot

View attachment 49076

love
nick

:thumbup: Ya, let us know how it works out.....I would want a "T" handle version though

Back