Wicked Tough Pole Saw at WesSpur

Comparison.

6' mid pole
Marvin Mondo

y8utehaq.jpg

6ezedata.jpg

qu7u8aqa.jpg

be6u8e2y.jpg

Just got a 6' today. Out of the box mine needed modification. Comes with double sided tape and instructions to take the clamps apart and put the tape underneath them. Guess there was a defect that wasn't realized until after these were manufactured. The tape keeps each extendable section clamp from coming off, so they say. So without doing the fix, you run the risk of the thing pulling apart.

Seems to cut fast, hopefully it isn't a total disappointment like the fiskar stik.

Just got a 6' today. Out of the box mine needed modification. Comes with double sided tape and instructions to take the clamps apart and put the tape underneath them. Guess there was a defect that wasn't realized until after these were manufactured. The tape keeps each extendable section clamp from coming off, so they say. So without doing the fix, you run the risk of the thing pulling apart.

Seems to cut fast, hopefully it isn't a total disappointment like the fiskar stik.

Interesting. I got mine assembled, without a box, so who knows!

Welcome to the House!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uZizulMxbLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The 12 footer looks like it might really great. Except there's no hook. I can't have a hookless polesaw in a tree. It still might be awesome for ground work, though!

Ya, that's what makes the hook awesome. Hang it beside you. Hook and pull limbs. Use the hook to reach out and set ropes on tips of limbs. Put a monkey fist over the hook and reach out and set a new rigging point. If my polesaw didn't have a hook, I'd call headache and ground spear it out of the tree.

A hook can definitely hang you up. On the other hand, I'm too habituated to being able to just hang the polesaw wherever I need to when I'm not using it. I commonly reach over and hang the polesaw on a branch at my next working station so that I don't have to carry it while I'm climbing over there. Clipping a polesaw to my harness drives me CRAZY.

Oh, I see what you mean Butch. I was talking about the hanging hook on the head. I'm not terribly fond of the hooked blades either, but I wouldn't throw one out of the tree.

Back