Wicked Tough Pole Saw at WesSpur

CurSedVoyce

California Hillbilly
This just caught my eye.. I am thinking the 6 footer would be cool to have in the tree.
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/65745320?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=db3416&autoplay=1" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was impressed by the guy hanging from it and how compact. Also when they were really slapping it in the tree, seemed to flex less than the silky one.

Everything about it looks quite good, except I gotta have fiberglass for dielectric properties.

Might be great for a camping pole saw or something to keep in the trunk or behind the seat as back up.

I like that the longer one collapses to 36", is strong enough that guy can do pullups on it, and is made in the US.

I have a silky longboy and I like it but it's far from durable. A guy I work with borrowed it and bent the middle section in about 3 minutes. $50 just for that section. If these were out when I got the longboy I'd have tried one of these instead.

I hope their biz takes off!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marvin pole lost a lock while I was out on a limb over a bunch of smaller trees..... I had to go fish that out. Takes out one of my big shot poles until a new one gets here.
Silky blade broke while climbing over rocks working my way down to start fishing out pole saw.
Soooooooooooo
We won't talk about the lump on my noggin as well.....

One of THOSE days! I left my RR saver at the top of a tree today cuz I just couldn't do that 60' back up the rope. I'll be back there tomorrow, but it was certainly not a minor victory.

I'd like to try the 12' one out for sure.

So the visual is as is.... Still wonder his thoughts...
Today was a bad saw day for me... :lol:

It is still early Stephen. My initial thoughts are that the 6' model is a little too short to be my all the time go to pole saw. A standard 6' pole with a saw head and blade is closer to 7', the WTPS is 6' dirt to tip. THe build quality seems very sturdy. All the hardware and adjustment stuff is standard, easily replaceable stuff. The connections between the poles are tough and there are internal stops for each section.

The blade is sharp, like silky sharp, but whether it lasts is unknown. I havent taken it apart yet so I am unsure of how hard it will be to modify a Silky blade to fit. THe blade could be a little longer. There are some internal notches (a guess) on the blade that keep it locked in and out. When I was bashing it around I think I rubbed off the notch that holds the blade out, If i slam it into the tree it will fold in now. It stills stays folded up no problem. Once I replace the blade this will 'reset'.

It doesnt have any kind of attachment to hang it from a saddle, so that absolutely had to be added right away. The 6' I have folds down to something like 19", which is pretty darn impressive, if you ask me. I would like to try a 12' and will see what I can do about getting one.

The only other thing its missing is a hook, which can be a PITA. I am working on adding one.

Overall I think its innovative, useful, and well made. It wont totally replace my pruner poles and corona saw head, or my Marvin Mondo blades... It will give them some time off though.

Yeah good review!

Btw, those Mondo blades really cut like crazy, don't they? It's almost curious as to why they cut so much easier than a regular blade as seemingly the only difference is that it is bigger all around.

Back