Husqvarna 3120XP vs. 395XP vs. Sithl 660-880

There really is no " ground level" most of the timber is stooled up to a greater or lesser extent.
If you cut some steps on the roots you can usually get up to where the roots turn into a log without having to springboard up.

I got a stock 084 coming in that is to big for owner. I sold him a 066 and 660 to do the work. Can get pics later if any interest just let me know.

It's ready to cut, needs nothing I am aware of.

I miss Magnus, he would have screwed this nice conversation up by now. Who is a good saw builder? I'd like to know myself. I want an old edition 372 that's all hopped up and strung out.

I'm having Micheal Lee juice my 460 Stihl. In fact he's prolly working on it as I type this. .Master mind does good work B Snelling does good work. Terry Landrun does good work. Stumpy does also. All those guys are in the south or Midwest.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, I got to know them on Arborist Site. . That is also where I found out about the Tree House.

Cut 4 fun ; do you modify saws??

I modify my own saws, nobody else here to do it, probably in the whole friggen country. I have inspired at least one other guy to do it as well. All my mods have been successful, I think i can say, except a clamshell design which i don't think is possible. I think I ruined it. :( Some saws are definitely better to mod than others. Timberwolf (Brian) was kind to teach me how. I'm sure that there are a lot of people that get their saws modified that could do it themselves, if they put their mind to it. Maybe get a Wilton vise. :lol: People that can be authoritative about cutting, with some study can fairly easily extend it to the workings of their saws. I know Squish doesn't have time. I'm not knocking the luxury of sending off your saw and having it come back a different animal. It takes me generally 2-3 days to do a mod including lathe and piston work. I can see getting it down to a long one day with a firm plan and the absolute right tooling to do the grinding and polishing. One day would be cool. Maybe a good way to spend a Sunday...come Monday :evil:.

I do my own too with relatively good success .

As far as a clam shell about the best you can do is some exhaust work .On that I've got a clam shell 70 cc Mac that cranks on at over 15,000 but you really wouldn't care to use it as a work saw .It's just a big kids' toy .:)

got to know them on Arborist Site. . That is also where I found out about the Tree House.

No shit? Howso? My name, along with the TreeHouse, is forbidden over there. I don't even think you can type my name there.

Oh hell yea. I was the first with 10,000 posts there and I had the best threads with the most pics. Then, I started the TreeHouse and they got skeered of me.

No shit? Howso? My name, along with the TreeHouse, is forbidden over there. I don't even think you can type my name there.

I was having troubles tieing my Hitch Hiker and one of the guys on arb 101 posted a link that lead to a link here.
Ya, I've been topping trees since 1982 and I can't hardly post on their commercial tree forum.
So far a whole lot nicer bunch of guys over here. . Its very refreshing. I was getting to think most arborists were a bunch of hooty tooty priks .

I've really learned a lot over here about climbing. , rope climbing. And I was surprised to see some guys here do a number of things I do on take downs. . Also Ya'll like bowline's

I can't believe AS allowed a link to the TreeHouse... their moderators must have been napping. That's one of the reasons I was banned. Another was Darin thought I was trying to steal their sponsors.

Ha.

I made one post at Peka's and got banned. I mean one post! He might have asked me if I was having a bad day.

Actually it was a link to one of Bonners Hitch Hiker vids on which he told everyone to come visit The Tree House. I think there was a link in the process also. .
I was glad to watch the vid several times. At least someone was getting good results from the HH. . I think I have it figured out now. At least enuf I trust my life on it every day.

Our Australian friend from 'Treeworld'...now a defunct site.

From what I have seen, the most in depth analysis of what all is involved with mods, from straight work saws on up into the experimental zone, is Brian, aka Timberwolf. I don't know if he is currently taking on other folks saws, too bad he doesn't post here now. He's in Canada, BC was it?

If I was having a OE 372 done my pick would be Dan Henry aka Dozerdan. He is a member on my site and did my 372 and 2 346 and a 026 I had owned.

I have an 066 that needs a rebuild. I've done small saw work, but I'm no small engine mechanic. Who builds a smokin 066 that will hang with my 395?

Mastermind Randy is here and does complete rebuilds with porting.

I just worked on a ;) ported OE 372 and NE 346 that were ported 6 months ago. Not impressed with running in the cut and some shoddy looking work too. I wont throw names in the open. I will just say who not to use in pm's.

Is Jay(?) at Hotsaws still doing the work? Last I heard he was in a bind, but hoped to get back to regular. I think he was talking about ceramic pistons at the time, got me curious.

Dean at Wash Hotsaw I ran a 066 he did and it was chit IMO. Even a Walkers 460 would out cut the 066 he done and wasnt much done to the 460 really.

Yeah, Dean. Too bad, he had his ups and downs. It seems rather labor intensive work to make a go of it....what isn't?

Back