Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

IT'S locked! ... IT'S LOCKED!!!

4ybc4dh

This is the one Mark is thinking of, from the first RW....

Kevin has them on his You Tube
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YYTTJX_rmMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hello , new to the site, but i must say the video of kevins i wish i could foot lock like that ...i use a pantin and call it mechanical foot locking...lol..well hello all..

For me, HH either in mode SRT or DdRT, with a small DdRT as a second line/lanyard.
It works nicely for the dismantling jobs, as you don't care if there is a limb or not where you want to hang your line.
Very useful too for pruning trees with wide canopies.
Traveling in big trees isn't a so easy task for me, and before that, I used 3 lines to do the job. One long SRT as a central tie-in point, one long Ddrt and one short DdRT to go to the secondary tie-in points and to progress farther along the long reach limbs. It works, but what a mess with 3 ropes to deal with. Some time, just moved 2' and I had to untangle that again !
Now, I hang the main line SRT with the HH at my primary tie-in point. I put my short line at the new tie-in point with my 15' telescopic fishing pole. Then I go there by
shortening the small line. The HH can be glided to lengthen the main line as needed, even if I 'm in the air with very wide angled ropes (often in the same situation, the hitch, even in an usual DdRT, didn't want to move at all). I girch-hitch here one of my rigging slings (I always have 5 on my saddle) and clip in the main line. After loosening the short line, I can reach the new work area by the same mean, farther on the limb, side way or just down of course.
I have to come back by the same points, but it saves me time and energy.:thumbup:
I know that I can unclip the HH's biner and pass the rope over the crotch to make the new tie-in point, but I don't like to drag through it each time all the remaining line.

It remains one point which gives me some headhache in my setup: how to keep the HH in place on the top of the rounded carabiner when there is slack in the line:?
I have to sort it out to love fully the HH.
:big-tongue4:

Are there vids of HH climbing similar to the above RW climbing vid?

well ordered the hh just now and asked in the notes to replace the beline with the hrc i have beeline and dont like it at all i have been real happy with 8mm oceans on my lanyard and my climbing system, i use a very short tied in both ends a double fishermans knot,, hitch is a shawabisch love that its on xtc fire 1/2 i think the length is 19'' total from knot to knot ...cant wait to climb srt...i have one other question for all yall. is srt safer cause u can go over multi branches or is ddrt safer utilizing only one branch just been thinking of it..

shwabisch is a 4 over 1 and it is smooth for me anyway i dont like the vt tried it dont like it the schwabish grabs instantly i dont have to set it like the vt ....and it tends real smooth ...anyone else climb on the shcwabisch .."i cant never spell it right."

Back