Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Shaun, I am using the red ISC fixed side plate pulley with a DMM bridge ring but I also have a Petzl fix pulley that I am pretty sure will fit without bending. You may notice that I cut my pulley because it is a pain to take on and off otherwise, but it does work.

Attachments

• Resized HH.jpg
    Resized HH.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 71
I like that Randy. I bought the same pulley, actually. I forgot to check how it sits on the bottom/ riggin plate end, not the top/ HH end of the biner. I was rushed and didn't actually set it up.

What rigging plate? That looks like a good choice.

It's a extra small bat rigging plate southsound. It's was I used to rock but I rolled on this for the first time today.
Highly recommend as it eliminates cross losing of gear with the swivel.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
As long as I put the little "rubber band stoppers" to keep everything in alignment it's tends VERY smooth and easy, the best setup I've found so far. :thumbup::D

I'm experimenting with something a little different right now, I don't have any pictures, I'll try to get some.

I like the look of the Hydra pulley..... :)

:thumbup:Finally have ascension dialed ... Using my CMI handled w / bungee to HH , CMI ankle on right foot....the thing that put it all together was cleaning out downstairs here I found an old Gibbs the ski area gave me w / broken spring (nice gift)....installed a rubber band , a foot strap and cord to the left knee .... Now I can march right up the line nice and easy !!!! 8)
Your not suppose to be cleaning but climbing;) glad to hear your putting some time in with the HH!

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

Jake, is your tending tether also life support for DdRT?

I haven't seen webbing bridge with a pulley like that. How does that work for you? Any issues different that using on rope?

I'll have to check into that bat plate.

Anybody got a video of the HH with pulley in a 3:1?

I've changed my setup a bit since I took this video, but at 1:15 I give a quick look at a 3:1 I'm using.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jBRFw78Ja9Y?list=UU842xTf3flYgYQxY4foxF8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HH with Pinto and Omni - Block 1.1

image.jpg
The Pinto aids in tending by holding Biner. A nylon tape from Omni is my tending connection.
The Omni provides a quick disconnect from the rope bridge leaving the setup intact

Jake, is your tending tether also life support for DdRT?

I haven't seen webbing bridge with a pulley like that. How does that work for you? Any issues different that using on rope?

I'll have to check into that bat plate.

Anybody got a video of the HH with pulley in a 3:1?

Nah, tethers not for life support, I only use the HH for srt tbh. Iv got a spiderjack that rarely gets used now.
So far I'm pretty impressed with the pulley, I really like putting my flip line on one of the holes for a better work position, this then allows me to move move freely from side to side without being hampered by one rope or another, hope that makes sense.
The bridge and pulley are actually fantastic together, a had major problems with my rig plate 'cutting' the rope over time on my bridge, this is because of the pressure and relatively sharp edges of the metal. Over a period of 4 months it had to be changed. When I took it off I was quite surprised at the state of the rope. That's when I bought the standard webbing bridge for the harness (petzl sequoia) and that worked ok on the rig plate, but my mind was made up to stop it from happening again. That's why I bought the pulley. Makes a compact, swivelling, work positioning component on my harness :)

Try and get a pick of my 3:1 setup. I just use a tibloc. It's small so I don't have to worry about the weight on my harness and doesn't get caught. Best setup iv found

Jake, have you tried a small prusik loop with a revolver carabiner? I know it is not as compact as the Tibloc but it is a lot more rope friendly.

Yes you do loose some efficiency when using a revolver compared to a pulley, but it is a 3:1 haul back system so even at reduced efficiency it is still easy.

Agreed.

I generally carry an extra hitch cord/ pulley/ biner, just in case, so already having it, makes an easy choice.

Until I order some new lines, I'm either on 9mm htp, which would work well with a Revolver, or 1/2", where the pulley is more effective.

I'm in the revolver camp. I'm about 190 fully loaded up, seems smooth enough for me, the simplicity is the attraction above all. Occasionally I'll girth hitch the revolver on another TIP. Limb walk out, make sure the HH is holding my full weight, use a couple of hitches for the two legs running through the revolver on a boa biner, then I'm tied in twice and can do some work.

I have been using the small 8mm cord loop with a thimble from Sterling. Even with the thimble it stows well and is still rated at 5400lbs.

Jake, have you tried a small prusik loop with a revolver carabiner? I know it is not as compact as the Tibloc but it is a lot more rope friendly.

I allways carry a prussic loop on my harness for a rescue situation, but also rarely for other uses. For me, iv not had any issues with the tibloc not being rope friendly since I run a pantin and croll any way. Also it takes a considerable mount of less time to instal on the rope.
Tbh it's something that stays on the harness for those moments when you really need it (maybe 2,3 times a week) so a
Ugh to system that doesn't snag is a big priority for me.

Finally took the new Hitch Hiker out and played in my small back yard tree.
The old low and slow route.

With the web bridge on my Sequoia saddle I can use the ISC rope wrench pulley to help with tending. A little bit of a pain getting the pulley cheeks on each side of the bridge, then the biner through it all.
Played with my petzl hand ascender for a 3:1 anchor. Made life better on my shoulders.

So Thank you to every one that has posted in this thread. :)
It sure helps in making the learning process go quicker.

Ayuh, I've learned(and am still learning)a huge amount everyone here..... :thumbup::D

The learning curve is always a lot steeper when somebody else does the learnin' for ya'..... ;)

Back