Seeking spikes!

rumination

Migratory Hippie Arbolist
Well I'm back in New Mexico for the summer and was getting my climbing gear ready to go back to work tomorrow and discovered that I left my spikes in Hong Kong. Now, generally I always forget to pack something, but usually it's not a $300+ piece of climbing kit. :whine:

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a spare set of spikes they'd like to put up for sale (pole gaffs preferred)?

I'd rather not pay brand new price if I can help it, especially considering that I already have a perfectly good set of spikes. They just happen to be 7000 miles away. :cuss:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm looking into having someone mail them to me, but not sure if that will work out yet.

IMO, the fact that you prefer Pole length , odds go way up finding a cheap pair... here or Ebay. Seems lotsa people wind up withTelehone co gear for sale... I once drove twenty five miles to a job... had the spikes, NO BOOTS!

Someone in Hong Kong is going to ship them to me, so problem solved. :-)

How's your tree co. going in New Mexico Leon? Is it tough running a business for half the year while you are in hong kong?

jp:D

I'm working for a friend here. I don't own the company, so I have none of those worries!

“Arborist climbing spikes” are listed on ebay right now with a day and some change to run for $300. The add reads new, carbon fiber, pictures show Geko. Aren’t those $500 plus? If anyone is looking for them, go for it.

Another set, anyone else looking for CF Geckos?

One day and 20 hours to run right now on ebay. New at $375, buy it now feature. Search listing#201000411313 it is labeled as Arborist Climbing Spikes.

There mediums FYI, to tall for me, I love my aluminum gecko's, I would be tempted to try the carbon fiber ones at that price.

Best spurs I ever strapped on, the CF's, without a doubt. I'm only 5'8", the mediums fit a treat for me. 19" from stirrup to top of shank, if memory serves...which it may not with total accuracy :D.

Back