Tree ID?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Deodar sounds close, but the ones I've seen have more blue in them. Maybe it's a weeping deodar. No closeups, unless I want to climb down a steep embankment fill with 6-10' blackberries.

Definitely cedrus deodora......with some lighter green new foliage...a touch of glauca.....

Sometimes a bit of blue can be seen in deodoras, but othing like the blue atlanticas

Looks like a poplar of some sort -- From the "expert in ND"

Definition: EX is a has been and spurt is a drip under pressure!

I think you're right, Bob. What species? It doesn't look like a Lombardy. Well, not one I have ever seen, unless someone was sharp enough to train that trees primary structure before the pollarding program began, anyway. Cool looking tree nonetheless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are lots of coral tree there. This one looks a little different. Maybe just a different variety?

The best way to care for coral trees is to encourage people to NOT plant them.

They look awesome when in bloom- I have to admit.

love
nick

Someone once told me these are American Elm? Does not seem to fit..
I suck so bad at ID... Leaves to slender I think... Almost looks like a Chinese pistache... But not completely by my reckoning
No seeds right now.. yard raked....
Help.

Attachments

• IMG_0005ed.jpg
    IMG_0005ed.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0006ed.jpg
    IMG_0006ed.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0007ed.jpg
    IMG_0007ed.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 23
I'm gonna say that's a "strong probably" as a Chinese pistache. I can't see enough detail to know for sure, but the leaves look pretty similar and it looks like it's starting to show some bright red fall color, which is a defining characteristic of that tree.

Not sure on the scale- those leaves shoulda been about a foot long.

Serrated edges on the leaflets? There shouldn't be...

love
nick

Was looking at a Chinese pistache today and it was obvious with the fruit on it. Bark seemed a tad different.. but it was a younger tree.
Leaves seem right though.

Back