Any cat rescue folks near Malvern and Swarthmore, PA?

pigwot

M's, Juniper's, Lowen’s, and Inge’s Grandpa
My right shoulder is torn up and it has been difficult to do cat rescues.

These folks are over an hour and a half from me and need cats rescued:

Sandy in Malvern, PA 610-420-9123

Jennifer in Swarthmore, PA 610-544-1845

Anyone in that neighborhood able to help?

Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got in and checked the phone messages and put this up a few minutes ago, Chris.

Wow, Gary! You have many calls? Folks around here wouldn't pay that. Then again, maybe they just don't love their cat enough.....:lol:

Haha same here, I've never done one. I tell them I've never seen a cat skeleton in a tree, it will come down.

I almost did one and they wanted me to fill out some sort of work request form at the kids camp... I guess the board of directors were going to meet the following week and discuss it to allow me to climb to get the cat after they reviewed all my paperwork... I put a can of food at the base of the tree and never saw the cat again...
Kids were flipping out over the kitten yowling and being attacked by birds of prey about 90 foot up a ponderosa.

Cats don't always come down. Many dehydrate and get weak and get eaten. I got called to rescue a cat that was in a tree in a 90 some degree heat waver for 4 days.....

It was my own cat.

Cats as pets should never be allowed outside unless their front claws are removed and they are in a fenced in area. Cats should be kept indoors, for the most part. Outside, they are killing machines and will indiscriminately kill any critter they catch, just for their amusement.

Wow, Gary! You have many calls? Folks around here wouldn't pay that. Then again, maybe they just don't love their cat enough.....:lol:

It does test whether they really want kitty down or not. Some folks call because a random cat is in a tree and they want to help it. The price always culls out those folks.

Cats as pets should never be allowed outside unless their front claws are removed and they are in a fenced in area. Cats should be kept indoors, for the most part. Outside, they are killing machines and will indiscriminately kill any critter they catch, just for their amusement.

Mine ran away. It wasn't let loose.

My shop cat had a grand life of freedom doing as he pleased inside or outside, never climb on woodwork was about his only rule. He never much killed things to my knowledge. Mostly his mission was being a lover boy after petite types. Never saw him climb a tree either, though there are many around. Not much of a fighter either, i was always patching him up. I found him dead under a drying stack of lumber one day, a sad day. Cats probably live longer staying indoors. is my impression.

I got clawed up by a cat probabley 35 years .Never ever again will I try to "rescue " one unless it's cutting a tree out from under them .

Ain't nothing that should be kept inside, not even people.

What about goldfish? Hamsters? Parakeets?

That's a noble thought, just not reality.
Fish in the pond buddy, hamsters and parakeets, well you can figure were they belong.(toilet) :D to each his own butch but I don't see many healthy indoor cats. and taking their claws is wrong IMO

My two sisters are doing just fine. And I need my furniture (and flesh) more than they need their front claws. Here's a pic of them loaded on catnip.

Attachments

• catnip 024 (Large).jpg
    catnip 024 (Large).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 31
Cats outdoors are subject to some nasty bacterial infections after fights. I've squeezed out more pus than I care to think about. I haven't heard of a cat that is free to roam outside, living as long as indoor cats sometimes do..

I have 2 indoor cats and they are as healthy as any animal Ive ever seen. You must know some negligent cat owners.

One of my favorite cat stories involves a little tri color female .She was so preggy she looked like a basketball with legs .I was laying up a garage foundation and here she came meowing up a storm .I ignored until she laid down and started panting ,aha kittens on the way .She I gathered her up ,got a box and put her in the house .Damned thing would not let me leave until she delivered 6 kittens .Mid wife to a cat indeed .

I'll be damned if about a year and a half later her daughter that looked just like her did the same damned thing to me .Both liters from both females prefered to be outside ,very healthy cats .Damned good mousers too .

My monster size black cat is indoor/outdoor. He fights with other cats outside and often gets the worst of it. Wish he was an indoor only but I think he would burn the house down if we didn't let him outside now. He is King of the house. I do cat rescues often. Never charge but I do accept donations. People have given me anything from an ice cream cone gift certificate to a few hundred cash. I usually give them a fat stack of business cards and ask them to get me work. I call it my Kitty Karma.

Back