Bixler Treework Climbing & Cutting

Wow Brian: Man, you young guys are making some stuff that I just absolutely cannot believe. That was so, very well done. That must have been a super-gratifying feeling to have ridden next to that log-truck carrying all of those beautiful Pondo logs.

Man, you guys (you and the other guy from Grants Pass) are putting me to shame hard. Today I tried to make a video of myself taking out some Hemlocks with my Motorolla work phone. :lol: Man, it sucked. :lol: I emailed the shots--and video--to my gmail account, and then looked at em on our laptop, and, I swear, they look SO stupid. :lol: Felt cool in the moment, anyway.

Bix that was SO impressive. How long do you spend setting up all your angles. I really need to make some vids but am just in the mode of just getting the job done and get out of there so never spend time to do it.....

Maybe I should just pay you to come out here for a week or so and you can make Ropetek vids...

If Im honest it was a bit Arty for me Brian, but great work with the trees and Cameras :thumbup:.... beautiful weather too by the looks of things.

For a young guy, running your own show and taking responsibility for all these big jobs, my hat goes off to you mate. Really hope you're making and keeping some money from it all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks BOTS.

Thank you Reg and Bonner... I stopped the flashy color changing thing that I loved so much :lol: Reg, I made sure to get the money coming back from the logs on that job.

Paul, I don't spend that much time setting up angles. The GoPro has a clamp thing that is efficient to set up. I did have the crane take me over to one of the Oak sticks so I could put the camera up there, and at $200/hr it can adds up, but little shortcuts with the tree work can make up for it. Filming has become part of the job now, the whole crew and crane guys understand. Paul, just glue a camera on your hardhat, hit record every time you cut, and then send the cards to me and I'll do the rest.

Thanks Jed, I really appreciate the kind words.

Thanks Treehousers.

Check this one out… It's called CHAINSAW

(special thanks to August Hunicke, Lawrence Schultz and BOTS)
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9vJz1RHuJtA?list=UUxJ7nKZKesLKLcTKjK8A8Jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice one Bixler! Really looks like you're having a good time

That shot in reverse had me worried for a second. I thought the piece was falling backwards on top of you.

That was a fun day! vid turned out great Brian!...fun working with Lawrence Shultz ;)

U can just see me in orange working the other oak tree, I had a good view to say the least

The Treehouse Rocks!
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gGFi62J5-Ec?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why did you cut it into mince meat like that? usually your work turns me on , but that monkey business was different then your normal style.

What I mean, is Ive watched some killer rigging videos you made. How come cut sliced and diced as opposed to rigged down?

I think I dozed off, did you get your music from the Lawrence Welk show? You probably don't know what that is. Just messing with you anyway, I like the display of accuracy and "deliberateness."

Thanks Tucker, I do the best with what I have in the given situation. I knew I had two more trees to climb and was focused on getting the job done in the quickest fashion possible. It was faster to slice and dice then rig or self lower, and you can see in the first clip the rotten base, compromised from being cut away from the power lines in the past.

The guy on the ground happens to be a climber and expert faller (skidder operator), the plan was to skid the logs past that oak tree, but he didn't feel comfortable skidding logs by it due to the large cavity at the base. He thought the tree might just fall over. We were looking at other trees to tie into or lower from and that would have been great, but again, much quicker to climb and chunk when given a drop zone in that scenario.

I think I dozed off, did you get your music from the Lawrence Welk show? You probably don't know what that is. Just messing with you anyway, I like the display of accuracy and "deliberateness."
Lawrence Welk? hmmmm I could google it…:?
Thanks August, I try to go by feel.

Back