Singing Tree Rope Runner

Jack

Treehouser
Kevin has done it again:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sJYE0JyizSs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SRT - HITCHLESS - ASCENDING - DESCENDING - MID-LINE ATTACHABLE :big-dance2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
891554_365966383512438_700178069_o.jpg

Very cool, I saw the video of him climbing with it. I have a feeling it will be streamlined before production, but seems like a very cool SRT option.

jp:D

Well, he's tethering it one-handed. That says a lot right there.

Amazing how much this industry is advancing through the minds of innovators today. Friction devices 10 years ago are being superseded everyday. Though, I must say, so much of it is like reinventing the wheel.

I'm impressed with how all this is advancing. Nice job, Kevin!

I watched Kevin rock this at the CAATCC this past weekend and its soooo smooth. Very nice work Kevin, I look to pick one up once you get them out there!

Very cool video. Amazing to see the evolution of these devices. My hat is off to you Mr. Bingham.

There are two double acting quick release pins that can be removed to insert the rope midline, and the bottom slack tending pulley is open ended, and captured by the bottom biner.

It's what surveyor said. If you look at that pic, everything to the right side of the rope is quickly removable.

The 2 pins above the biner on the right of the rope are slic pins. They have a little detent that you can see on the top one on that pic. It lets you pop the pin in and out quickly to get it on and off the rope.

It's what surveyor said. If you look at that pic, everything to the right side of the rope is quickly removable.

The 2 pins above the biner on the right of the rope are slic pins. They have a little detent that you can see on the top one on that pic. It lets you pop the pin in and out quickly to get it on and off the rope.

Thanks.

What happens if it gets bumped? How fast will it grab on its own with no help?

Hey Darin!

I don't mind the slick pins on a RW, as the hitch does all the life support. I hope that they are substantial. I expect so. Cool innovation, Again, Kevin!

This might be a bit more secure. Another one of my ideas......

Somebody should tell Kevin to give me a shout and Ill tell him where to get them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 195
First of that type detent pin safety release I've seen. Very good. Though could take some getting use to, and sure to be cause to confusion for those who are not familiar with how the pin works.

Back