Lima,Oh anybody?

Husabud

TreeHouser
Anybody near Lima, Oh? A friends son is headed out for diesel school and will be looking for some work. He is an excellent worker (on the ground) can drive anything and is an excellent machine op.

Al Smith is about three miles from Lima .

I assume the young fellow is going to attend Northwestern university .

As far as any work I'm sorry to say they don't pay much for groundles and most have people waiting in line for part time work .

Come warmer weather there might be other things but it won't pay much .You can get day laborers for 10 bucks an hour .I paid 12 when I needed help .Plus food and beer so that really wasn't bad considering. Beer after the work was done .;)

Ha beer .Years ago I used to do some electrical service work at the local Elks club .The manager was always trying to give me beer and food which I absolutely will not drink on the job .After 4 Pm I'd drink a few and maybe have a sandwich .

What I didn't know at the time was the sneaky manager was putting it on my bosses tab .:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not me Bro. My buddy's kid. I already have three extra days figured for my next CO trip, whenever that may be. You are on the list.

Good luck to your friends son! Good on him for going to school! He will find something if he looks hard enough. Tell him to let his professor know he needs work, he can probably help.

Northwestern U. where I assume this young man is enrolled seems to be a very good school for diesel mechanics and they draw students from all over the world .

Fact a few years back I worked on a pair of j-reds for one of the students who's family owned over 4,000 acres of farm land in central Ohio .Evidently the little saw engines weren't his bag after working on large ag diesels .

Yeah Al, he is headed to Northwestern U. He is into his second Dodge and already pulling close to 400 horse with a 12 valve he built himself. I think he will go far, if he can keep the women at bay whilst at school.

Corn fed like...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365987611.317812.jpg

Or corn fed like..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365987631.183717.jpg

I can only presume the first. In all my travels West and back, that is what I saw. I just want the boy to know what he's in for.

You need to meet some of the "prizes" around here.:|:

I know what you're implying all too well! Just how big of a problem is alcohol, let alone substance abuse on the cape and islands these days anyhow? It was bad enough during my brief tenure up there a few years back.

Back