New Tribe Traveling ONYX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
first thought, looks great! i'm betting I will own one with time. I would like to see those rigging plates flipped around so the large hole faces out and can be clipped into like the lower D's on a treemotion.

I would also attach the side leg risers in a different manner then through those O rings, seems like a waste of an O ring.

Other then that great job New Tribe!

All saddles should have attachment points on both sides. I don't use biners. That seems like a silly thing to leave out.

No saw snaps? You cant even call that a saddle with no saw snaps! That's a like a chip truck with no saw dust on the seat.

first thought, looks great! i'm betting I will own one with time. I would like to see those rigging plates flipped around so the large hole faces out and can be clipped into like the lower D's on a treemotion.

I agree. Not to fret, though. Remember that this is New Tribe, and upon request they'll customize just about anything.

I can honeslty say this is the first NewTribe that I really feel like I would like climbing in it. Either version looks great, but I am more partial to web bridges.
Subsequently, its the first NT Ive felt an urge to buy, thanks for the preview pictures Nick, it looks like a ballsy saddle made for tree work, as opposed to tree rec.
Not too knock tree rec, but we all know they are very different beasts.

Actually, now that I look at it again, you can just make that change your self.

As with the Liger though, in my experience which is everyday, you dont want the bridge on the inside holes. You want the legstraps in the bottom hole, the harness adjusters in the back hole and the bridge in the top hole. This leaves the large hole facing front empty.

If the bridge is in the back it cams the plates outward under load which can dig into your thigh pretty hard.
https://www.masterblasterhome.com/s...er-Weaver-Cougar-Modification&highlight=liger

I am not knocking the plates they are using one bit, but the CT plates seem pretty ideal to me. I have a feeling I would replace those with CTs and put those on one of my other saddles.

It would be nice if you could choose your bridge option when you purchase. I like the shackle to sewn mini webbing with a ring.

Great news! I just got a package from New Tribe and it is 2 production model Onyx harnesses! One sm/med size and the other lg/xl. These are the official travelling harnesses for the treehouse!

I'll keep them for a few days so I can do a review video, but if you want to give it a shot, sign up here! (I know a few people have already hopped on the list, so we'll start with them)

Stay Tuned!

love
nick

Back