New Tribe Traveling ONYX

Casey did a great job with this harness. Super light, really comfortable. Did some removals in it and due to the buckle on the prototype it didn't like a bigger saw as much. I'm guessing the ISC buckles will alleviate this problem. Good production/Rec harness.

Yeah, the new buckles look like a good deal. The paws are a clean junction too

I have pics of mine- but it's a prototype and nowhere near as good as the production model.

The good news: New Tribe is excited to have another pair of traveling harnesses for the TreeHouse!!

love
nick

Put me down for a try on the Medium size harness, whoever ye lister be.

I already have two saddles with a Paw installed (one custom installed by New Tribe) and get a lot of mileage from the Paw.

Attachments

• IMG_1377 (2).JPG
    IMG_1377 (2).JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1378 (2).JPG
    IMG_1378 (2).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 105
Maybe I shouldn't'a let that cat out of the bag just yet!!

I think we'll hold off on the list until I have the traveling harnesses in my hand. I can say there will be a SM/MED and a LG/XL.

love
nick

That's pretty much like a Pro-Gear with a 'bear-paw' sewn in. It looks to me like there will be some unpleasant twisting with the way the delta is attached. I'm fully aware it is a prototype. But, that looks like a 'back-to-the-drawingboard' type problem - IMO.

I see, now. My apologies, Gary. I read that wrong. :|:

... makes me even more eager to see the Onyx. Waiting is soooo hard. :lol:

hahahha...didn't mean to confuse...mainly showing the Paw on MY harness. I have a Paw on two harnesses. That's why the Onyx interests me.

Gary- your picture actually brings up a neat point about the onyx!

Last I heard, they will probably have an upgrade option to install 2 small rigging plates (I think SMC brand) so you can switch to a rope bridge and have a liger-like setup.

The one I'm using has bow shackles and I really like it. Look forward to trying it with a rope bridge setup!

love
nick

Last I heard, they will probably have an upgrade option to install 2 small rigging plates (I think SMC brand) so you can switch to a rope bridge and have a liger-like setup.

love
nick

Oh yeah, now you're talking! Put me on that list please.

Jon, I love my TreeMotion. It's an awesome saddle. The adjustability, range of motion, and comfort are top notch. New Tribe is the only other saddle that matches it in comfort for me, but the New Tribe saddles haven't yet had the adjustability or range of motion that the Tree Motion has, which is why I'm curious about the Onyx. Another plus for New Tribe is the superior durability.

Let the anticipation increase even more!!!!

I got the official promo pics from the folks at new tribe. They are sending a version of the official production model. You can expect a review video very shortly thereafter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366093388.940833.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366093400.374060.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366093411.007036.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366093426.107950.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366093439.223974.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366093451.124313.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366093460.840922.jpg

Grab a napkin so you can wipe up that drool.

love
nick

The rope bridge version looks totally awesome, and might just be the replacement for my aging TreeMotion. I would love to try one on and take it for a climb.

Questions: Below the point where the leg loop webbing goes through the bow shackle/paw there is a keeper holding both sides of the webbing together. Why not just let it run freely like it does on the TreeMotion? How stiff is the backpad/legpad material? What is that "handle" on the top of the backpad in some of the pictures?

The drooling has commenced!

Back